+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Okay I finally have something to add to this thread....maybe not all that cute, but definitely funny!

My granddaughter was over today. She is three. She was walking around the house and I noticed she had something in her hand. I asked her what she had and she showed me that it was a folded up dollar bill. I wanted to make sure that it was only a one dollar bill, so I asked her to show me.

She unfolded the dollar bill to show me and said, "Grandma, this is George Washington."

Naturally, I think to myself, "She is a genius!"

I then asked her, "And who is George Washington?" thinking she will say that he was the first president of the US.

Wrong! LOL

She said: "Um, Grandma, he is DEAD!" I cracked up, especially since she said it so seriously (as if I should have known he was dead).
    Last edited by MamaC; 03-28-2007 at 06:46 PM.

My college roomate's Mom and I have the same birthday. My roomate/friend lives about an hour away and has 4 kids. They call their grandmother "Me-Moo". Monday was my (and Me-Moo's) birthday. I got a call from my friend's oldest daughter (she is 10) and she announced that she wanted to play "Happy Birthday" on the piano for me. So, I listened to her play the piano over the phone for awhile and then thanked her for learning that piece and calling me and playing it for me.

Her response was "I was practicing on you. I have to go now so that I can call Me-Moo and play it for her". Click../Dead phone.. I'm thinking I was the birthday guinea pig!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    The other night my 14 year old son and I were watching "Dancing with the Stars" and they were showing Edyta and John's little intro before the dance (where they are showing them practicing and such)...well they were talking about John being a "thespian" but they were showing Edyta on the screen and my son looked at me and said "She's a lesbian?" It took me a few seconds to realize what he was talking about because my mind was thinking "They just said on national TV that she was a lesbian????" (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course..a la Jerry Seinfeld)....... ...I had to explain to him what a thespian was.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When they said that, I actually wondered how many people were having to have that lesbian/thespian discussion!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My ex-wife got her hair cut to above-shoulder length for the first time in 20 years. Her 4-y-o daughter told her, "It looks fancy, but it's not beautiful."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My little brother (hes 3) goes to the barber to get his hair cut. So when anyone in our family needs there hair cut he refers to it as going needing to go to the barber. Well... one day my mom got out of the shower and he was in the bathroom with her and she didnt have a towel around her he saw her southern region and said "Mom you need to go to the barber" haha I thought I was gonna die laughing when I heard that

Today, at the store I was teasing my daughter about her name. (Sarah) I said "Since when is that your name?" She popped off with "Since I was born. Sarah means princess so I am a princess now bow to my greatness".

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2311607;
    Today, at the store I was teasing my daughter about her name. (Sarah) I said "Since when is that your name?" She popped off with "Since I was born. Sarah means princess so I am a princess now bow to my greatness".
    Her wish is my command.........

Great daughter dagwood
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My son's dad, my ex-husband, fancies himself quite the singer and, in all fairness, does sometimes sing solos in church. When my son was about 7 years old, my son told me, "My dad sings like a fat lady opera singer." He caught me completely off guard and, of course, I laughed to the point of tears. Don't we always wonder where they come up with these things??

When I need a laugh, I always return to that moment!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My 4 year old son has started saying he is going to run away when he doesn't get his way. It's so funny because he rants...his face turns red, he points his finger and he says...I'm leaving. I'm going outside and I'm never coming back. I'm going to leave...FOREVER (like they say on Lazy Town). It's the funniest thing. He also says he is going to call the cops and have them take us away every night at bedtime. Last night, my hubby called my middle son's cell phone and talked to him like he was the cops, then handed the phone to my little guy. He ranted on and on about how we should be arrested because he had to go to bed and he wasn't even tired. It was so funny. He was so serious!

He also dropped a strawberry on the carpet and left the mess. My husband noticed it and asked him why he did it. He claimed I was the one who made the mess and then he started singing..Mommy's in trouble...

+ Reply to Thread