+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    I came back to edit my post (too late!) because maybe it wasn't as hilarious on paper as it was at the time... and please know that she had absolutley no idea what she was saying and I hope like heck that didn't offend anyone.

SO is significant other, and I think it's a no-no that I forgot about... abbreviations that aren't everyday-speak.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    remote...I thought that was a hilarious story...I wouldn't think that would offend anyone...it was just something funny that your daughter said!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Not to worry remote, I found it funny as well. Kids don't know what they are saying! That reminds me of a trip we took from New Brunswick down to North Carolina when the kids where really little. After a long silence in the car, the older one pipes up, "Look at all that French Mold in the trees." My husband and I looked at each other...."Uhhh...could that be the Spanish Moss we were talking about earlier?"

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I once thought my nephew was crying for his daddy. He was actually crying for "barney." His daddy's leaving disturbed his watching a Barney video.

FORT Fogey
    This wasn't my child, but a funny kid-speak story I had to share ...

I teach a first and second grade Sunday school class. This past week, I had a couple of new kids, a brother and sister. These two kids were a bit more on the worldly side for kids that age - much more aware of pop culture than a lot of the kids I have in the class. Our lesson on Sunday was about Jesus never doing anything wrong, and how that made him perfect. We were talking about Jesus bringing the message of love, and this new boy said "All you need is love - the Beatles said that, not Jesus". I said yes, and said something about how we were talking about Jesus because he never did anything wrong. This boy said "The Beatles never did anything wrong. They were perfect". I just sat there for a second, with thoughts of The Beatles drug use and other behaviors going through my mind, wondering how exactly to answer him. After a brief pause the boy said, "Well, the whole Yoko thing - I guess that was wrong. Maybe they weren't quite perfect".

I accepted that as my cue to get back to the discussion about Jesus!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When my son was in first grade, he was a good one for not staying on task in the evening when it was homework time. This drove me crazy!! He was sitting at the counter, writing his letters, and he asked me, "Mom, what does a minnow look like?" I just looked at him with my mouth hanging open, because I couldn't believe that he was trying me like this!! I said,"A minnow??" beause my explosion was just around the corner. He said, "Yeah...like in L-M-N-O-P." I threw my head back, covered my eyes, and laughed until my stomach hurt! He just looked at me like I was crazy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Veruka - I don't think I could have stopped myself from busting out laughing at a comment like that! Comparing the Beatles to Jesus? Hilarious. And, for the record, I love the Beatles, and wholeheartedly agree with his Yoko assessment!

phroshay - When my niece was in kindergarten, she asked my brother how to write eleminopee... We were having dinner together that night, s I was there. We both looked at each other, confused. She got exasperated, and sang out the ABCs up to L-M-N-O-P, then stopped and said, "See? Eleminopee. It's a letter." Like we were the dumbest people she knew. I laughed so hard I cried.

Veruka, I guess for some people, John Lennon's prediction came true. You may remember the uproar when He said " The Beatles were more popular then God." or something to that effect.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    That's hilarious Veruka.

I posted this in another thread back around Christmas time but I just have to share it here because it's so cute and I still laugh when I think of it. This past Christmas, our worship team at our church did the song "Jesus, Born on This Day" by Mariah Carey. Well, the daughter of one of the women I sing with loved singing it. (The daughter's name is Molly) Unfortunately, she would sing the wrong words all the time. Instead of Jesus, born on this day, she would sing Jesus, what a mistake.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread