+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    So, a couple of weeks ago I was watching American Idol ("chair" episode) with my soon-to-be-13-yr-old daughter. She's heard me talk before about "spoilers" and I thought she understood what they were and how one gets them. But as AI named the last girl and last guy to make the final 24 cut, she turns to me and says, "Mom, I just don't understand why they don't go look at the spoilers, too. If it were me, I'd want to know before I went into that room with the judges!" The entire time, she has this look of true confusion and bewilderment, like if her Mom knew how to find this stuff out, then surely these people would know, too....

The entire time, she has this look of true confusion and bewilderment, like if her Mom knew how to find this stuff out, then surely these people would know, too....
    If Mom figures it out, can she supply me with lottery numbers?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Michael, my nephew, was about 4 when he did this (he's 17 now).... My dad said to him, "Michael, PaPaw is going to the store to buy some deodorant. Do you want some?" Michael looked at my dad and said, "No PaPaw, but you sure could use some!"

Another Michael story. He was probably around 2 when this happened. He was talking to my mom on the phone when he told her, out of the blue, "Nanny, my daddy spanked me." My mom asked, "What did you do?" Michael replied, "I cried like a baby."

My son isn't quite 2 yet, so he doesn't say many words but his conversation centers around hello/goodbye. He loves Blue's Clues, especially those hosted by Joe... he's not a Steve Burns fan. So when we ask him if he wants to watch Blue's, he'll say, "Yeah, yeah! 'Bye Geeve (Steve), hi Blue, hi Joe." Sunday I was watching soccer and asked him if he wanted to watch Sesame Street. He said, "Yeah, yeah! 'Bye, ball."

My best friend's oldest daughter,Amy (she'll be 9 in July) did something funny a couple of years ago. Her dead-beat creep of a father (very common and unanimous feeling of him from everyone) had a habit of telling people to shut their pie hole. He also has a habit of making fun of Amy's big butt. So one day, he was making fun of her big butt and- "out of the mouths of babes" time- she looked at him and said "Daddy, shut your pie hole." I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

From my almost-5-year-old son, after a rather long, quiet pause while watercoloring:

"Never. Lick. Your. Paintbrush." (insert Calvin face) "And NEVER taste your paints."
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2270906;
    From my almost-5-year-old son, after a rather long, quiet pause while watercoloring:

"Never. Lick. Your. Paintbrush." (insert Calvin face) "And NEVER taste your paints."

I love the reference to Calvin. I can this in my head! absolutely hilarious. Give the kid a hug.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I think my husband will be a little more careful about what he says when our 7 (today) yr old is around.
    We had family over for cake and coffee for her. Almost everyone had left, but my youngest brother was still here.
    M got a very nice pair of 'grown up' earrings from my grandparents and I was helping her put them on.
    My brother is a big tease so he says to M :"hey , can I borrow those?"
    She gave him that 'yeah what-evah' face and she says "Uncle L, boys don't wear earrings!"
    So he turns his head to show her the hoop in his ear.
    She looked him dead in the face and said "Huh. Do you have a dress and a purse too?"
    I nearly died laughing, I thought my dad was going to pass out from laughing so hard.
    If you don't find this funny, it may have been her delivery.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My girlfriend is having family problems. Her husband went over to kick up their great grandson the other day. He is about maybe a year and a half, give or take a couple of months. Doesn't really talk anyway. The grandson (kids dad) is the problem, so when GGP came in with the baby, GGM asked if Eric was still being an A**hole. Baby started to talk right then and there and uses "ah ol" continuously now.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2271923;
    I love the reference to Calvin. I can this in my head! absolutely hilarious. Give the kid a hug.

I can this in my head? What was I doing when I typed this? Lord I swear I do not drink or smoke wacky terbacky.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Her husband went over to kick up their great grandson the other day
    What ever you have, it's nice of you to share with Muduh I'm hoping she means pick up
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread