+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I am not sure why, but my daughter says "gotfor"; as in- "I gotfor my blankie."or "I gotfor where I put my shoes.". I am not sure why she says this but it is sooo funny to me.

When the movie Fantasia 2000 came out my son called it Fertasian. Ther is a volcano in one of the segments and he called it verkanga. Just a few weeks ago, while in a toy store, he said, "Mommy, that looks just like the verkanga in Fertasian." The truely funny thing is he uses the word volcano perfectly and asks to watch Fantasia all of the time. He just reverted back to his former language skills for that one sentence. It was adorable and I knew exactly what he meant.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This morning I subbed for Kindergarten.

They were talking about the "Program" they are doing for the PTO next month.

A 5 year old looked at me, asked about the lighting and said "If it's too bright on the stage and people take pictures with a flash won't I get Bleached out"?

I don't know, I thought it was funny
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Ok , so we are in San Francisco last week at a restaurant. My five year old, daughter has sourdough bread for the first time, and as she takes a bite she says " ewwwww something is wrong with this bread" I told her it was sour dough bread. So, she responds " no wonder, why would they bring us sour old bread!"

These aren't my kids, but my one year old nephew and three year old godson.

I had both of them here this morning, and I had to go to the bathroom. I shut the door, which has no lock, unfortunately, and pretty soon I heard them coming down the hall. The three year old opened the door and came in, followed by my nephew and my dog. He shut the door and they all just stood there and looked at me.
    I said, "Why did everybody decide to come into the bathroom with me?"
    My godson shrugged at me and said in the sweetest voice, "Because we love you, Aunt G!"

FORT Fogey
    I don't have any kids yet (first one is due September 6th), but I have four step-kids.

One day, I was walking to the store with the 9-year-old and it was his first day of school. I asked him if he made lots of friends and he said yeah. Then, I asked him his best friend's name and he said "Anna" (which is me). I thought it was really sweet.

The youngest one is 6 and he is so cute in how he pronounces his words. He asks to ride the alligator (elevator), go to the bleach (beach), if he can have a toder (quarter), that he's tuperman (superman), and he pronounces can like "sin" (as in "I sin do it").

Last Saturday we took the kids to breakfast to celebrate school being out. The waitress came and took our order, and my two year old ordered his favorite--eggs. A few minutes later, another waitress stopped at our table to coo at the baby. When she walked away, my two year old stood up on his chair and shouted after her, "Hey, where's my eggs?!"

My sister is really messing her kids up with the things she teaches them to say. She doesn't want them to drink coke, so she calls it "nasty". Her kids still want coke, but now, instead of begging for coke, they beg "Mommy, can I have some nasty? Please, I want the nasty!" When they do this in public it's pretty bad.

BTW--a big CONGRATS to Anna!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Well, I don't have kids, but one of our friends was out with her grand daughter, who's 3 & they ran into my husband & the little girl asked "where's his girl?" (referring to me) And then she told Ken & her grandma that she loves me. How sweet! I felt bad that I wasn't there!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

My kid always had a great sense of direction, which I sadly lack. On the way back from her 2 year old well-baby check up I got lost on one-way streets. I pulled off the road, and unfolded the map across the front seat. From the child seat in the back I heard a heavy sigh, then "Just let me drive, okay?"

Also at 2, at the dinner table during a lull in conversation: "You know, we're all fools." (silence while my husband and I choke on our food.) "But Daddy, you're the king of the fools."

that is funny! She sounds like a hoot!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

She's 16 now, and still has me laughing so hard I cry a few times a week.

+ Reply to Thread