+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

On our way home today I told my daughter that we needed to go to the store. She asked for a candy and I told her no, her aunt had just given her a bag. She looked at me with a straight face and said "But, that didn't cure my fear of candy. I need one more piece to cure my fear"
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-05-2006 at 11:39 PM. Reason: dagwood's request

giz
    dagwood, I'd watch that one if I were you!

Reminds me of my niece. When she was three she said to her dad one day "Pass the ketchup", and he said "what do you say?" "Huh?" she replied. "Huh? No, not huh, you say please." Stephie replies, "huh is please in Spanish".

I love the way my six year old mispronounces things. His sister never did this. Today he had milk at his grandma's. It's the same as our milk, but he likes to fuss over nothing. (machen a tsimmes). He asked her what kind hers is then asked me what kind ours is. He then reported to her "Nanny, I don't like Island Farms milk, I like hologomised." (I didn't realise he meant which dairy so I said homogenised. Hers was the same dairy and also homo milk). (by the way do Americans say homo milk, or is this a crazy Canuck thing?)

My little guy is into everything! If he's not climbing on the dining room table, he's turning on the dishwasher or trying to get into the fireplace. Don't dare leave the bathroom door open or he'll throw everything he can into the toilet! He's quite a handful! After chasing him around all morning, I put him down for a nap, plopped on the couch, and sighed. My 4yo sat beside me and told me to just make a sign that says "No babies doing what they're not supposed to do." I wish it was that easy!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Wish I had that sign and that they could read it! Which reminds me of non reading children.

We were eating out at a Chinese restaurant one evening when the fortune cookies came at the end of dinner. Our youngest couldn't quite read then so when it came her turn to read hers to the table she said with a complete straight face, in all seriousness, in a sort of doom and gloom voice " obey the parents they buy the toys." We have repeated this fortune to all our kids at many times when they start to get out of line.

Youngest? All your kids? Just curious, because in your introduction, you mentioned only having one child...

I was reading and my grandson, who is four, was playing "mans". All the little plastic soldiers where engaged in battle. Suddenly the shooting stopped and one of the mans said to another,"oh, I LIKE your gun" and the other guy asked him if he had a gun and the first guy said "yeah, wanna go over to my house and see it"?
    Each guy has a different voice and some are high pitched baby voices. I'm betting that that raises some eyebrows on the battlefield, huh?

"We/our" meaning extended family group eating at the restaurant at the time. Ours was the youngest of the group of grandchildren then, there is one more younger now and we hope to add to the group.
    Last edited by Misty; 03-31-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Each guy has a different voice and some are high pitched baby voices. I'm betting that that raises some eyebrows on the battlefield, huh?
    It almost sounds like a Monty Python skit!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Something else that I laughed to myself about.

He loves those Schleich animals, and I get him a couple quite often. They come with the logo tag thing on their front leg. He always wants them off. The other day he brought one to me, an anatonmically correct bull. He handed him to me, butt first and said "he wants you to cut his thing off".

Mudah, that one cracked me up!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread