+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Out of the mouths of babes.

These stories are priceless! I'm glad I popped in for a refreshing look at the life of the little ones. Makes me almost want to have kids. Almost

The only interesting thing my kitts say is when they are pissed off and then it's not MEOW, it's ME-EW!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was looking over a school paper my daughter brought home. It was reading comprehension. The question was how did you feel about the cool idea? How do you know? Her answer: part 1 "that it was cool." part 2"Because I read the story." I can just imagine the 'duh' look on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I was looking over a school paper my daughter brought home. It was reading comprehension. The question was how did you feel about the cool idea? How do you know? Her answer: part 1 "that it was cool." part 2"Because I read the story." I can just imagine the 'duh' look on her face.
    Dagwood, that was precious.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

My daughter's Daisy troop attended a singalong for troops in our area. Each girl had to fill out an evaluation before they left, but since my troop is all 5 year olds, I had to interview them and write down their responses.

Most of them answered the question, "What was your favorite part?" with "the food." The hosting troop had put out an impressive display of treats including a chocolate fountain with fruit to dip, so that was well-deserved.

My daughter said her favorite part was helping clean up the garbage. Mmm, okay.

One of the girls told me her favorite part was "songing." I said, "Singing?" and she said, "No,songing. That's when you sing and do all the movements too."

I like that word "songing".

Here are two different pee stories that took place this week:

My 3 year old daughter came walking into the living room with her hand holding something under her shirt. She kept walking around her brother calling his name saying "look at me" and "look what I can do" all while holding this object under her shirt. Next thing I know, she dramatically flings up her shirt, exposes some tube like toy part which she starts pointing around making a spraying noise. She then prances all over saying, "I'm spraying pee from my belly button, I'm spraying pee from my belly button!" I'm not sure where that whole scene came from.

My two older kids go to an art school each week for classes. My daughter gets really into her class and she can't be disturbed while she's working on her project. Her class is over an hour long which is a lot of time for a 3 year old. After her class this week, I was putting her in the car and noticed her pant leg was wet. I asked her how her pant got wet. She looked me in the eye and said it rained on her leg. Well, it hadn't rained that day. I realized she must have pee'd her pants a bit and needed to find out if she wet her pants in class, in case I needed to go back in and clean up. I then asked her when she pee'd her pants. She said at 5:30...it was only 2 in the afternoon. Next I asked her where she pee'd her pants...and she said in San Francisco.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I was in the bathroom with my li'l brother, i don't recall why we were both there, i was probably doing my hair, etc. But we were also talking about something, i can't recall the original subject matter but we were again in the bathroom today, this time, me brushing my teeth. I told him i was leaving and he said, "You're going to Europe" and i think i said "yes", then he said "Where they speak Fresh" to which i replied, "French". Then for the second time this week he said the funniest thing/smartest thing an 8yr old could possibly say: "I stand corrected".

Also a few years back when he was about five, out of know where he says, "So far so good". It's the tv i tell you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

hepcat, I like that word "songing" too! Where do they come up with things like this?

apple, those pee stories are really cute! You're daughter sounds like a hoot. I laughed at the part about her peeing in San Francisco!

I have a couple of stories about my daughter today. The first one shows the little attitude she's developed lately and the second one is just plain cute!

This morning she made a huge mess by dumping out a tub of Legos in the middle of the kitchen floor. She played for a while and as usual, got up and left the mess there. I called to her to come clean up and she sighed the biggest sigh, rolled her eyes, and with hands on her hips responded "Yes, mother". *She's 4yo and that's the first time she's ever called me that. It was all I could do to keep a straight face!*

We had friends over for dinner and afterwards, she was playing dress up with their 5yo. She was wearing her bride costume complete with gown, veil, high heels, and a bouquet. I heard her tell the other little girl, "I'm going to get married someday...to the prince."
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My daughter spent the weekend at her grandma's not long ago and while she was there, they were weighing themselves on the bathroom scale. My daughter got on first and Mom told her what she weighed. Then Mom got on and weighed herself. My daughter asked her how much she weighed and when Mom told her, Anya said, "Wow, you must have to have a LOT of birthdays to weigh THAT much!"
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Star!!

Last night my daughter scratched her face, but we didn't make much of it. Later on, I said "Wow Claire, you really did a number on your face". She said "What number, Mom?" I laughed and told her it was an expression. She went to the mirror and said "You're right, Mom. I did a ONE on my face"

+ Reply to Thread