+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1063
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Wen my first grandchild, Tyler, was young my son and DIL would put the phone up to him when I called and I would say, "Hi, Punkin! I love you, Punkin." So when he started talking he called me Gama Punkin! Thus, my name here!
    prhoshay, CantGetNuf, ness and 1 others like this.

Awwwwww!
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

My kid is 7 and is teetering on the whole Santa thing. She opened 2 gifts from Santa and said "I got everything I wanted, that Santa man is REAL!" Warmed my heart, especially when I know there is a possibility next year we may not have a believer.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and ness like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Wen my first grandchild, Tyler, was young my son and DIL would put the phone up to him when I called and I would say, "Hi, Punkin! I love you, Punkin." So when he started talking he called me Gama Punkin! Thus, my name here!
    That is adorable Punkin! I had hoped that my grandson would give me a name instead he named his other grandmother. She was teasing him and calling him Honey booboo, really drawing out the boooboooo. A little while later he jumps on her and says, "Booboo!" really sarcastically. So now she's booboo and I'm big mama. I'm big mama because his mother is such a little mama. My mil is MawMaw. He accidently called Booboo Mawmaw and she told him, "Don't call me MawMaw. You know I'm booboo." So he gleaned from this that Mawmaw is something no one wants to be called. Now when he gets mad at me he says, "You're a mawmaw." It confuses and makes him madder when I respond with, "That's right I'm a mawmaw and you better do what I tell you."

Justin hasn't said any one thing that stands out. He just cracks me up in general. His new thing is, "Sorry. I didn't mean to." The other day I was cleaning up cold ashes around the fireplace and the kitten jumped up just in time for me to dump ashes all over her. I said, "Oh no!" Justin laughed and said, "You didn't mean to." Its the way he stresses "mean" that is so cute. And I love that he's making excuses for me.

A couple other things about my grandson who I believe can walk on water that I love so much. He's been a foodie since his first cheese puff. And he is very complimentary. Two things I've never seen in someone so young. He never fails to notice if I'm wearing something new and compliments me on it. As our uncle was blessing the food on Thanksgiving I was holding Justin. I feel him grab my earrings very gently and then he said, "I like your pretty earrings." I had to put my finger over my lips to tell him to be quiet but inside I was laughing. Sure we might be raising a mini Clinton Kelly but I'm cool with that.
    Punkin, Ellen, ness and 2 others like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My grandson got his finger smashed, lacerated, and broken in a door at school. This weekend, every time he went through a door, he's said, "Thank you for not smashing my fingers." He's 5.
    Ellen, CantGetNuf, Kip and 4 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Right before my little cousin (she was four, maybe five at the time) was about to go into Pre-K, she was acting up at home. Entreaties to stop, etc., did absolutely NO good.

What DID work was when her mother announced:

"OK. You won't stop acting UP, so you WON'T be going to school on Monday!"

At which point, she skidded to a complete stop, froze, looked at her mom in terror with eyes big as basketballs, then shrieked:

"But I HAVE to go to school! They're EXPECTING ME!"

And after THAT, blessed peace reigned in the household!
    Last edited by ness; 04-21-2014 at 12:36 AM.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Ellen and 4 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

My 4 year old son was making Ironman and Spiderman fight. My husband heard the word "stupid" (not allowable in my house to describe people) and he called my son on it. Without missing a beat, my son turned the figures to my husband and said "It wasn't me, Dad, it was them"!

Same kid was being babysat by grandma while my husband and I enjoyed a rare night out. She put him to bed and about 15 minutes later could hear something from his room. She went up and went in. He was in the play area under his bed getting cars. He walked out, looked up and saw her and without missing a beat, held them out in front of him and said "Here Grandma, I got these for you"! That kid is smart and is seriously going to be the end of me!
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, AmyKay and 1 others like this.

This really is my favorite thread on the FoRT. It just makes me giggle every time.

Justin, my grandson, has just recently been potty trained. Yesterday we were getting ready to leave the house and he went to use the potty one last time. He walks out of the bathroom and nonchalantly announces, "I have pee in my hair." 23yrs as a mother and he got me. I've never heard that one before. I think since he's mastered ringing the bowl he decided to see what other tricks he could perform. This is the reason I love being the grandma. All I had to do was clean him up. It's up to his parents to figure out which branch of the family "crazy" he is and if it's going to require therapy. I'm looking to his great uncle Chris. I seem to remember a few issues when he was potty trained too.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When my son was 3, he had this talk with me about Vanilla Wafers. He asked me for cookies and explained that he wanted 2 cookies, his exact words were, "I want 2....like your eyes....not 1, like your nose!" He left his mother speechless! I just nodded my head and got him what he ordered.

I guess he told me! He wanted to make sure there was NO confusion.
    Lil Bit and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    This really is my favorite thread on the FoRT. It just makes me giggle every time.

Justin, my grandson, has just recently been potty trained. Yesterday we were getting ready to leave the house and he went to use the potty one last time. He walks out of the bathroom and nonchalantly announces, "I have pee in my hair." 23yrs as a mother and he got me. I've never heard that one before. I think since he's mastered ringing the bowl he decided to see what other tricks he could perform. This is the reason I love being the grandma. All I had to do was clean him up. It's up to his parents to figure out which branch of the family "crazy" he is and if it's going to require therapy. I'm looking to his great uncle Chris. I seem to remember a few issues when he was potty trained too.
    Ah yes, boys potty training is fun. One night my husband wasn't home so I was getting the kids ready for bed. Apparently my husband had been working with my son on peeing standing up. Well, he finishes and then turns around to face me (so away from the bowl) and said "Mommy, I don't need toilet paper, I just need to shake it" (complete with the associated action). I tried very hard to hold it together and managed to clarify for him that that was fine, but he needed to "shake it" over the toilet bowl, not over my floor! Then I had a discussion with his dad about finishing what he started in the training department!!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

+ Reply to Thread