+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1063
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

What a nice compliment to you and your parenting.
    coltnlasma likes this.

Colt, I love that idea! Kids get so antsy right before the holidays and I think that would be a good way to give them something to do/look forward to and keep their mind off the big day coming up.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I LOVE the chain idea! What a fantastic tradition.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Continuing on the Christmas theme...Saturday was a busy day for us. My 6 year old, my hubby, and I had breakfast with Santa and Mrs Claus. As we were eating, my daughter said "mommy, I know that this Santa isnt real" I almost flipped, she cant be an unbeliever yet!! So I calmly asked "how do you know that?" "the REAL Santa is too busy, so he sent a helper" I asked her if she learned that at school and she said "no, I just know."

Later that day there was a Santa at another event we went to and I asked if she wanted to see him, she said "No, I already saw Santa today and told him what I want, I dont need to talk to him again"

I love this time of year!
    coltnlasma and inthegarden like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I think my says AT LEAST one cute thing a day I love it.

Last night on the way to see Christmas lights, she was singing Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer. She changed the words a bit "You can say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Mommy, we believe" and then she says, " I dont think my parents run out on Christmas eve and get me gifts from Santa, plus you guys dont have enough money to get all the stuff Santa gets me! So I really believe in Santa!"

(Apparently the older kids at school told her there was no Santa, the parents go get gifts after the kids are asleep on Christmas eve. I love her logic that there is NO WAY it can be us. lol)
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

My 10 yo son is on the brink of not believing anymore. I'm quite sure this will be the last year he does and I'm thankful because my other two knew before they were 10. I guess a girl at school told him that she knows there isn't a Santa because she helps her mother wrap gifts and she sometimes wraps her own. That's a whole other issue, but my son came home and asked me. I threw it back at him asking if HE believes there is a Santa. He said "I do and I think that girl is full of that word I'm not allowed to say"
    Ellen, just1paul, AmyKay and 4 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

My grandson has just been cracking me up lately. I was teasing him and told him I was going to tell Santa that he might be naughty. He turned to the santa on my fireplace mantel and sang out, "Santa! I'm a naughty boy."

Then he was asking me about the real deal with Santa and why he had to be good. So I told him santa would bring presents. He asked what they were. I told him toys. He then told me he had toys and pointed to his three toy boxes and said, "See?" So I asked him didn't he want more and he said, "No I have toys." I'm so confused by this. Either he has taken up a minimalist lifestyle early in life, or he has become so bored with the toys he has that he doesn't think getting new ones are worth being watched by some guy who is constantly judging if he's being naughty or nice.
    Kip likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I like that boy. This would be an awesome opportunity to teach him the concept of "pay it forward".
    Count your blessings!

I was just going to suggest that too! My kids are 4 and 5 and each year around this time (we did it this past Saturday) we go through their toys and they decide what they are going to keep and what they are going to donate. They collect so much crap through the year that they honestly don't even know half of what they have. They are both really good at making decisions and they appreciate that they are going to other kids who don't have toys. Plus, I noticed yesterday that they both pulled out toys they haven't played with in a long time and played with them - like they actually remembered that they had them!

The only snag is that last year my daughter asked why there are kids that don't have toys - why would Santa not bring them toys too. Yeah, that was a hard one! Sometimes kids make a bit too much sense!

My funny one is that my husband was talking to my daughter about our cruise to Alaska when she was really young. She asked him if we took the Mayflower to Alaska! Yeah kid, I'm glad your learning things at school and I know I'm old . . . but I'm not THAT old!!

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that her young daughter was writing out the words to "Jingle Bells" and asking how to spell things. She asked how to spell "whore". What? "You know - Whore the fields we go."
    Punkin, Ellen, shyra and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread