Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1063
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

She sounds like a pistol!
    Count your blessings!

*bump*

Overheard from a neighbor's kid, not mine, but I thought it was too cute not to share...
    As I was driving them to school, my son was complaining about a boy who pushed him down on the playground during tag.
    His friend (the neighbor) replied, "Dude! We're third grade now. It's hard core."

Gotta love that perspective.
    shyra, ClosetRTWatcher and Debb70 like this.
    We're all just walking each other home. ~ Ram Dass

Two funny ones from my 3yo daughter (who by the way is also a Kate):

While she was sitting on the toilet going potty she looks up at me and says "Those are some big boobs in there". I was shocked, and all I could utter was "What?" She repeated herself and then followed it up with "Can I see them?" Um, no, no you can't - and I have to go get your Dad now because I'm feeling a bit harassed.

About a week ago I was tucking her in for bed. I was just walking out of the room when she said "Wait Mom, where's Donald?" Knowing she has no stuffed animal named Donald, I said "Who's Donald, honey?" In her best your-an-idiot voice, she said "He's a duck, Mom." Yeah that conversation went sideways somewhere and I have no idea how or where!

When my son was 5 he got an abcess. While I was on the phone with the dentist office the girl asked me if it had a head on it. I looked in his mouth and reported to her that yes it did have a head. When I hung up with her my son asked me very seriously, "Mom, can it talk?"
    prhoshay and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That is priceless!!!

I think I would have to tell him "Yes!", and that he should listen closely so that he could hear what it was saying!

Yessss.....I was that kind of mother! Kids give you insanity, and I believed in sharing whatever I had!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A mom and a boy and girl were behind me in line at the grocery store. The mom tells the kids that they are going to have root beer floats for dessert. The daughter says, "Why can't we have both root beer floats AND ice cream? The mom says, "that is a lot of sugar." The daughter, about 7, does not miss a beat. "It is your birthday, after all!" I don't know, she convinced me that both would be just right!
    JohnnyK likes this.

I could be wwrong, but I thought that root beer floats (ick!) had ice cream in them?? And, I'm with you.....on your birthday, all bets are off!!! Once/year is not a bad thing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I could be wwrong, but I thought that root beer floats (ick!) had ice cream in them?? And, I'm with you.....on your birthday, all bets are off!!! Once/year is not a bad thing!
    Yes, the little girl knew what was in the float, she just wanted more ice cream on the side. And she argued well for it!

An ice cream girl is MY kind of girl!!!! My son was/is not an ice cream kid....weird-o!

Just noticed that I "stutter" when I type!!!

My kids are growing out of that saying-cute-things age, but my daughter said something the other day that moved me.
    In our house we make a paper chain to count down the days 'til Christmas. Inside each paper link I tuck a note for a fun activity; the kids don't know what's written there until they remove that day's link. It's just really simple stuff like building a fire and having s'mores, or driving around to look at Christmas lights... you know, nothing big or expensive.
    Anyway, my daughter told me she wants to do the paper chain with her kids one day.
    I thought that was the sweetest thing (especially coming from a girl who too often acts like a moody and sullen teen), and so cute that she was thinking of it as a tradition.
    We're all just walking each other home. ~ Ram Dass

+ Reply to Thread