+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1063
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4094906;
    I always figured that it is God's plan to make them cute and precious as little babies so that we won't kill them when they grow up. By the time we're ready to GIVE THEM AWAY or leave them on a corner, they've already grown on us to the point where we just can't!! No fair!!!

I always warn friends who are going mushy over tiny babies to think of them as future pre-teens and teenagers. Discipline will be easier!
    ROFL Gut mutter.
    Shay, where were you 14 years ago...I needed to hear that. LOL I have been asking on Facebook who wants to adopt him but, everyone says no. And of course, I couldn't give him up.

I always told myself that when the first one turned 13 I'd run away and join the Peace Corps. Of course, when the time came I actually cared about them. Go figure.
    Count your blessings!

I always warn friends who are going mushy over tiny babies to think of them as future pre-teens and teenagers. Discipline will be easier!
    It worked so well for me that i didn't have any
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I always figured that it is God's plan to make them cute and precious as little babies so that we won't kill them when they grow up. By the time we're ready to GIVE THEM AWAY or leave them on a corner, they've already grown on us to the point where we just can't!! No fair!!!
    I was told that God made teenagers so that we'd finally want them to leave home!!! How true that is cuz if they stayed little and cute, we'd keep them forever!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But they would, at least, be tolerable!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was sick with a stomach bug yesterday and had to tell my 5 year old she couldn't hug me this morning she asks if I'm feeling better and I say "yes" so she says "can I hug you now?"

Two years ago when my grandson was just 3 years old they came to have Thanksgiving dinner with us. He came out into the kitchen just as I was taking the turkey out of the oven. "What's that Nana?" He asked with his eyes wide open. "Iain that is a turkey." I explained. He looked from me to the bird and back a couple of times then said "Nana that sucker is the biggest chicken I ever saw!" He then ran into the living room to tell everyone that Nana had a giant chicken in the kitchen.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

My grandaughter Kate is 7 now but ever since she could talk she says such cute things that we call them Katieism's. Here are a few -

Her favorite stores when she was little were Ginant Tiger (Giant Tiger) and Bloblaws (Loblaws).

At age 3 we were standing in the driveway with their car and she announces. "Mom drives this car...but she doesn't drive it well." LOL mom does like to drive fast LOL

At age 4 My daughter in law promised to take her to the playground after her afternoon nap but it had begun to rain. The conversation went like this.
    " Mommy are we still going to the park?" "No, Katie it is raining". Katie looks at her in disgust, shrugs her shoulders and says "Well duh, we'll wear our raincoats." LOL simple logic to a child.

You will have to know that I am a large lady with quite a few extra pounds to appreciate this story. We were at a birthday party for my daughter in laws Mom and my husband and I were seated at a table with the two grandchildren and with my DIL's aunt and uncle. Iain was 4 at the time and needed to go to the bathroom so I told him I would take him. He said that he was a big boy and could go on his own and since it was with the line of vision I let him go off on his own. When he got back to the table...he said - see Nana I am a big boy. I gave him a hug and told him not to get too big too soon as Nana would be sad to have no little boy to hug. This is what he told me LOL

Nana, you can just have another baby. You are fat and when ladies get fat they can have another baby.

I don't know what was funnier. His line or the look on the DIL's aunt's face...she didn't know wether to laugh or not and almost chocked on the cup of tea she was drinking.

More Katieism's from the family christmas party when she was 4.

She had a cupcake with pretty pink icing on it and accidently dropped it on the floor beneath the table and when she picked it up all the icing had stuck to the floor leaving the cupcake bare. Her little lip quivered as she held it up and her Uncle Jim said "Aw Katie, I am sorry, what's a cupcake without icing."
    Without missing a beat she looked him straight in the face and said "a muffin."

After the party everyone was cleaning up and I was taking a break and Katie came to sit with me. This is our conversation:

"Nana, the next time we have a party in this room it will be for my birthday and I will be turning five...will you come to see me turn 5?

"I wouldn't miss it for the world Katie."

"Then nana soon after I am 5 I will be a teenager and get to wear grown up woman dresses. Then I will need to find a man!"

A which point I chocked on my drink. "A man?"

Yes Nana when you are a grown up woman and want to have a baby you need to find a man who wants to be a daddy. Then you have to find your own house because living with your mom and dad is not a good idea."

I decided to explore the concept further. "Where are you going to find this man Katie?"

At the bar. (I guess she knows that LOL that is where mommy met daddy)

"I am going to be a teacher for half a day and then be home with my 3 kids...2 girls - Ashley and Ema and a boy"

"Doesn't your boy have a name."

"No - boys are such a pain in the butt that we will just call him - brother."

LOL 4 years old and she has her whole future figured out LOL.

+ Reply to Thread