+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1063
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

FORT Fan

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3905692;
    These stories are so amusing. Kids are truly the best comics.

My nephew who is 6 years old started using some curse lanuage, nothing horrible, but certainly words you need to nip in the bud. His grandmother explained that God would not appreciate us using that language. My nephew thought for a minute and said, "I don't know why God would have created naughty words is he didn't want us to use them." My mom tried to keep a straight face as he was very serious.
    That's too funny...I, too have a cursing story.... My granddaughter who is 3 years old started using some curse language
    that she picked up from older kids at her daycare.... Her Mom said
    Haley Jane we do not use those words in this house!! She said
    "then i need to go outside Mommy"!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3953364;
    Each state has it's own unique accent, which is why we notice them more. I can usually always tell which state a person is from by how they talk. I'm not right all the time, but I can hit it most of the time. But the southern accent is different from state to state and sometimes region to region in the same state.

I have had people tell me that I absolutely cannot be from Florida because I have a Southern accent. Well last time I looked, Florida was actually the Southernmost state.
    And not all of Florida is Miami and Disney.

Waiting on line is definetly a Northern term. Southerners "stand in line"
    I am married to a 'Northerner' (around my family he gets called a Yankee. Unless it's my Dad, then it's Dam* Yankee). You would be surprised at how often I have heard "I'm not going to (or moving to) the south, I am going to Florida." Yup, looks like the "south" to me too.

My husband spent 10 years in Arkansas after joining the Air Force, after spending his entire life to that point in northern Illinois. We then got stationed in Wyoming. People there always thought he was from Austrailia so I guess if you blend Illinois speed talking with Arkansas drawl you get exotic Aussie.

Oh man, can I tell some stories about grandson's potty mouth. I'd probably get banned though.

I stood in line quite a bit this morning.

Funniest thing lately is my kids singing BEP Boom Boom Pow. My son (4yo) sings "Gotta get get" & then daughter (just turned 8) joins in with "Boom boom boom."
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

My husband and I are on vacation with our 3 year old grand daughter. We are in South Dakota camping and seeing the sights. We went to Mount Rushmore yesterday.... aka by Alexis as "Mountain Mushmore".
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Today was the first day of school at my elementary. I work with all of the students as I run the library. I was thinking earlier in the day how shocked I was that the kids seem young to be in the grades they are in. And that time has gone fast since I first knew many of them as kindergartners, etc. A little while later, two fourth graders come up to me and say, "We can't believe we are old enough to be in fourth grade aleady!" So I guess it wasn't just my opinion! Time is flying by fast for all of us.

My son, who's 7, caught me getting frustrated while driving and asked if I felt like I was "losing my birdies".
    He explained it this way: when you are happy, your mind is peaceful, with birds (because birds like peacefulness); but when you start getting mad or impatient, then it's like a fire, and the birds fly away (because birds do not like smoke).
    So now I find myself considering if something is really worth losing my birdies over.

OMG! I LOVE that!
    Count your blessings!

My granddaughter, now 7, was over last week. While sitting at the table, she asked me if I was a good "texter" when I was in high school. I laughed and told her that when I was in high school, we didn't have cell phones as they had not been invented yet!

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped when I also told her how we didn't even have cordless phones in our house. We only had two phones....the one in the kitchen hung on the wall, and the other was upstairs in the hallway and, in order to talk on a phone, one had to go to the phone. The phone didn't come to you!

Then I also told her that we didn't have computers, much less laptops and wireless connections.

She asked if we had iPods back then too. I told her no, we had albums, (even mentioned 8 tracks), then cassettes, then CDs, and iPods have only been around less than 10 years or so.

She looked at me so seriously and said, "Oh Grandma, I don't think I could have lived like that!" She does use the computer and has her own iPod. And she is itching for a cell phone, but that is not happening anytime soon.

MamaC, I've seen even 30 year old react that way when I tell them about black and white tv with 3 channels, and phones attached to the wall.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;4073622;
    My son, who's 7, caught me getting frustrated while driving and asked if I felt like I was "losing my birdies".
    He explained it this way: when you are happy, your mind is peaceful, with birds (because birds like peacefulness); but when you start getting mad or impatient, then it's like a fire, and the birds fly away (because birds do not like smoke).
    So now I find myself considering if something is really worth losing my birdies over.
    I think I can find that phrase quite useful!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread