+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Your bread looks yummy burntbrat....I hope you had a great Easter dinner, irregardless of the ole MIL!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Reading some of your stories makes me so happy I chose this holiday not to deal with my MIL. I was getting stressed just thinking about it and her telling me what exact dessert I should bring instead of seeing perhaps what I'd like to contribute. We just avoided that situation and I had a happy day And we were able to invite a friend that doesn't have any family in the area, so it turned out extra good to avoid the in-laws.

Good luck with your MIL burntbrat Hope you manage to survive it all.

Burntbrat, if I had been at your dinner, there wouldn't have been any leftover bread - it looks wonderful!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Bb, that bread looked amazing! As the official taster, I have to say it tasted the best also. Phooey to your MIL!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

burntbrat, do you make that in breadmaker or in the oven? You should post you recipe in the RECIPES thread!!! (hint, hint)

My ex-sister-in-law has started calling me when drunk wanting to bash my ex's new wife (my ex-best friend). I worked hard to get over all that and really don't want to fuel the fire again. She gets mad when I won't participate and starts telling me things the new wife says about me. Since she's drunk I don't know if I can believe her, but if it's true, then I'm glad my kids refuse to go over there any more.
    Count your blessings!

What a crummy thing to do, Gutmutter. I'd tell her I don't choose to talk about that topic and hang up on her. If she's drunk, she probably wouldn't remember it anyway, and if she does remember it, maybe she'll get the hint.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, I admit I'm sometimes (!) devious, but I'd be inclined to play with her a little. Like, the next time you see her, "remind" her of something that she agreed to during her drunken rant (even though she didn't), and ask when you can expect it to be done. If she actually remembers that she didn't agree to anything, point out that you do not expect to get any more calls concerning your ex and his wife. And if she doesn't remember that she didn't actually agree to do something and is planning on making good her commitment, hopefully you've chosen something like volunteering or giving to a charity, and something good will actually come out of her calling to rant.

Hee. You're bad, famita. I haven't gotten a call in 2 weeks, so maybe she's gotten the hint. (If you can call me saying, "I don't want to talk about your brother and his wife" a hint.)
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2329826;
    My ex-sister-in-law has started calling me when drunk wanting to bash my ex's new wife (my ex-best friend). I worked hard to get over all that and really don't want to fuel the fire again. She gets mad when I won't participate and starts telling me things the new wife says about me. Since she's drunk I don't know if I can believe her, but if it's true, then I'm glad my kids refuse to go over there any more.
    Gut, my SIL drinks and used to call and just be impossible to deal with. Caller ID is a godsend as I don't answer it anymore after 7 pm because I know she will be drunk by then. She has finally gotten the message and quit calling.
    You don't have to talk to her or listen to her, drunk or sober. If she doesn't get the hint when you quit answering the phone, just tell her: I don't care anymore, he's out of my life and so is she. That usually doesn't work with drunks, so if you must answer, just invent a reason why you can't talk. But the best advice I can give is don't answer. You've worked hard to get over this, so don't let her drag you back into it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread