+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Thanks to all. It's great knowing that I'm not the only one having these feelings. (I'm not a bitch... really I'm not. repeat 20 times)

Today is another day though and getting it off my chest helped. You know, if every one came to the FORT there would be no need for therapists. But then, think how crowded it would be here.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Lil Bit. I have a friend with someone close to her who battles alcoholism, and we compare notes a lot because I have someone close to me who battles mental illness... behavior off the wagon can be similar to behavior off meds (especially manipulation, sometimes in the form of "sweetness"). She shared some perspective from her support group which I found helpful - there is nothing wrong with recognizing that someone cannot be what you want them to be, so you accept them as such and then decide if you want to subject yourself to their behavior or not. So I think you are very smart to want to protect yourself given her history of targeting you. Maybe it would help if your husband handled the communication with his parents, not that you aren't perfectly capable, but it might help emphasize that his relationship with his wife is primary concern.
    remember to play

I always say (but don't always do) "take care of yourself first", and the rest will follow. Lil bit, do whatever helps you and your immediate family. To heck with the rest. If someone constantly belittles you, who says you have to take it for family harmony? Forget that! When we can't all get along,....stay the hell away!

I have never understood why family members want to show their hindends at the Holidays.
    Lil Bit, I do hope you get it worked out and have a nice Easter.

mine arent so bad except for one who is a total a**hole but everyone else seems to think so too so it's ok

+ Reply to Thread