+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

I never had that problem after a few times of "I already made plans but thank you"s.

About the smoking in a non-smoker's home: Never! I am a smoker in a family of non-smokers. I bring my own cigaretts and ashtray. I do not leave butts on the ground EVER. I don't like it at my home and I don't like it anywhere else. I don't care if it's bitter freezing cold,...I will not smoke in their home. If I am ever blessed with grandchildren, I will not smoke around them. I didn't smoke around my kids when they were small. I figure after high school they're old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2861340;
    I never had that problem after a few times of "I already made plans but thank you"s.

About the smoking in a non-smoker's home: Never! I am a smoker in a family of non-smokers. I bring my own cigaretts and ashtray. I do not leave butts on the ground EVER. I don't like it at my home and I don't like it anywhere else. I don't care if it's bitter freezing cold,...I will not smoke in their home. If I am ever blessed with grandchildren, I will not smoke around them. I didn't smoke around my kids when they were small. I figure after high school they're old enough.
    Good for you! - -When I smoked - I stopped all smoking in my apartment by anyone about 7 years ago. Mona & Joey didn't have a choice whether they were there or not, so I told people and myself to go outside.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had a friend who was delusional about smoking in her apartment around her kitties. She felt that if she cracked open a window, that was sufficient. She brought her baby to my home to stay while she was on a trip. That poor thing smelled just like a cigarette. It took several days before the smell went away. That is an incredibly foreign smell in my house. When I told her that the cat was really smelly, she thought I was lying. She eventually quit smoking, and only then did she get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2862245;
    I had a friend who was delusional about smoking in her apartment around her kitties. She felt that if she cracked open a window, that was sufficient. She brought her baby to my home to stay while she was on a trip. That poor thing smelled just like a cigarette. It took several days before the smell went away. That is an incredibly foreign smell in my house. When I told her that the cat was really smelly, she thought I was lying. She eventually quit smoking, and only then did she get it.
    I know people like that too. Joeys' fur became a brilliant white after a few weeks of no smoking in the apartment

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2861343;
    Good for you! - -When I smoked - I stopped all smoking in my apartment by anyone about 7 years ago. Mona & Joey didn't have a choice whether they were there or not, so I told people and myself to go outside.
    Yep. The boys and Mr. Rattus were the main impetus for me to quit smoking after 32 years. While I really enjoyed it, could afford it, and still miss it, the guilt of what I was potentially doing to my loved ones, furry and otherwise, made me put a halt to it. However, I've now been addicted to Nicorettes for the past four years. Help!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2862395;
    Yep. The boys and Mr. Rattus were the main impetus for me to quit smoking after 32 years. While I really enjoyed it, could afford it, and still miss it, the guilt of what I was potentially doing to my loved ones, furry and otherwise, made me put a halt to it. However, I've now been addicted to Nicorettes for the past four years. Help!
    I read that a vaccine is being developed that will keep the nicotine from adhering to the brains receptors (what keeps us addicted whether its cigerettes or Nicorette).

They now need to develop either a vaccine, 12 step program, patches or something for Waldos rear end sniffing addiction!
    He's gotten REALLY bad about that again lately.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2862433;
    They now need to develop either a vaccine, 12 step program, patches or something for Waldos rear end sniffing addiction!
    He's gotten REALLY bad about that again lately.
    SPRING is in the air and a canines thoughts turn to....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Booty?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2862877;
    Booty?
    Well I will let y'alls imagination at it... and we are all slightly off topic here, so who has an in law story?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2862910;
    ... and we are all slightly off topic here, so who has an in law story?
    Ooh, I do! Pick me! Pick me

My ex-mother-in-law once asked me the difference between astronomy and astrology. I told her that one of them was based on science. She was dead serious when she answered, "I thought astronomy was a science, too."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread