+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

MRD

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2671973;
    Rattus...You are one cool lady...Nachos...I love it!
    A few weeks ago, we had the BEST nachos I have ever eaten in my entire life.
    They were seafood nachos and were just incredible. I've been dreaming about them ever since.

The one year my SIL suggested we do Salmon for Thanksgiving, I thought my mom would have a stroke. We had turkey.

Well maybe I should say anyone with any "normal" family please raise your hand. We want to salute you as you are extremely lucky!
    I swear the idiots are taking over the world.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2671982;
    Well maybe I should say anyone with any "normal" family please raise your hand. We want to salute you as you are extremely lucky!
    I swear the idiots are taking over the world.
    Not sure if I should raise my hand or not. But don't anyone even THINK of deviating from Turkey for Thanksgving, ham for Christmas and Easter or Hamburgers and Bratwursts for July 4th or Labor day- DON'T EVEN think ABOUT IT. Last Christmas I was going to do POT ROAST - Dinner got moved to my parents house really fast.

No, gabriel! Leg of lamb for Easter
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I don't eat lamb. so there! My folks had it one year and I ate salad and veggies. They never serve it to me anymore. But that's what I mean people MUST have certain things at certain times.

FORT Fanatic

If we're ranting about in-laws, I've got a doozy. Called my children's father tonight to tell him that there are birthdays for both kids and Christmas coming up and that his support payments are way past due. Talked to him for a few minutes before his sister who was visiting from out of state took the phone and proceeded to tell me that he had just gotten out of the hospital (no one ever told me) and that I should not be upsetting him with MY financial problems!! First of all, none of this is her business and secondly, it is very much his concern and responsibility since it involves his children. My ex is one of 9 children and I have yet to meet one who does not baby him and blame others for his self-inflicted problems. I am incensed

I don't blame you. Dead beat dads and/or moms suck. I had a waitress that worked for me that got hauled out one day by the police. She was $29,000 behind in her support payments. She had told us she had a son that was killed in a car wreck when her ex was driving drunk. All lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2671949;
    Unfortunately, my family is comprised of nothing but idiots, so I'm not taking on any of your extras .
    I think I've found some more of your family then; only my closest age sister and I are any cool at all in my family.

As for inlaws, neener, neener, ain't got none here I do think my own parents are beginning to make up for it though, as they age.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fanatic

I can't believe any mother would say that their child was dead when in fact they weren't. They are part of that breed that should never have been blessed with the opportunity to have children.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

My poor MIL got stuck with two of the biggest biotches for DILs. My SIL and I can do NOTHING right, NOTHING. To listen to MIL, her poor baby boys are just in hell 24/7. She sugar coats all of her insults and makes damn sure her baby boy is out of ear shot when she does it. Funny, that her daughter is a drunk, divorced and dating her teenage daughter's boyfriends but that is just not talked about. The woman is a crazy old bat with an ego that can't be beat.

SIL's mother is mentally ill and was not around when she was growing up "ma" stepped in to be mommy whether SIL wanted it or not. When SIL didn't respond the way "ma" wanted her to, SIL was just as crazy as her own mother and a cold heartless biotch... I am super close to my mom, and "ma" bashed my mom every chance she got to turn me against her. Didn't work!!!!!!! My mom has gone out of her way to be nice to "ma" and all "ma" does is rewrite history to make my mother a rotten person.
    I would say she is evil but she truly loves her children and puts them first. I can't fault her for that. I really think she is insane........
    It sounds harsh, and I truly have just skimmed the surface of the crap this woman has pulled, but she is wacko!!! period! Finally Hubby is seeing the light after several of her revisions to history have caused fights with aunts and uncles but dang... .......

Snickertink, your story and stories like yours make me very glad I never met my MIL.

+ Reply to Thread