+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2569857;
    And I am very grateful that my in-laws are great grandparents and that they raised my husband to be the wonderful man that he is. But they still annoy the crap out of me!
    Um, hello! That's why we have in laws!!!

My mother in law and father in law couldn't be nicer or any less bothersome...but they still bother me sometimes. Actually, I think I'm the weirdo, not them!

Any adult who bites a baby is a sicko in my book. I can forgive a lot of things that are accidents, but biting a baby?!!!

The hospital and the police were probably as flipped out about it as I was. I found out recently they still have the pictures on file. That baby of mine is now 24 and doing great. My kids don't see a lot of that aunt. I am mostly past it, but sometimes I wait for what goes around to come around.

My MIL is in a right tizzy about Thanksgiving and doing her best to get the rest of the family to join her. We are resisting her efforts and doing our best to help her out of her panic.

My SIL said today, "She's driving me nuts!!!!" I had to laugh because my MIL is her mother!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2670504;
    My MIL is in a right tizzy about Thanksgiving and doing her best to get the rest of the family to join her. We are resisting her efforts and doing our best to help her out of her panic.

My SIL said today, "She's driving me nuts!!!!" I had to laugh because my MIL is her mother!!!
    I'm sorry, but I got a chuckle out of that part of your post. How well I know the same situation.

It's amazing how so many people panic at the thought of Thanksgiving. I guess its the pressure of cooking and having so many people over, etc. But it should be a fun day because everyone is together. Or reasonably fun. There's always a few relatives that arrive for the meal that can try anyone's nerves.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We all do have our share of relatives we would rather not deal with. In my family it is my Aunt's hubby. (I refuse to call him Uncle) He flat out told me one day that if I didn't get physical custody of my daughter a judge would hand her over to her dad if he asked. Forget the fact that the dad hasn't seen her since she was 6 weeks old (she will be 10 in January), isn't on the birth certificate and is on the sex offender list for offenses to a little girl.

I guess it is all a matter of learning how to ignore the relative. It took me years.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2671881;
    We all do have our share of relatives we would rather not deal with. In my family it is my Aunt's hubby. (I refuse to call him Uncle) He flat out told me one day that if I didn't get physical custody of my daughter a judge would hand her over to her dad if he asked. Forget the fact that the dad hasn't seen her since she was 6 weeks old (she will be 10 in January), isn't on the birth certificate and is on the sex offender list for offenses to a little girl.

I guess it is all a matter of learning how to ignore the relative. It took me years.
    I have a few relatives that think they are experts on aspects of my life as well and try to tell me how to do things, like raise my daughter. I just ignore it.

I used to have a cousin we called "gloom and doom". It didn't matter what the subject was, she knew someone that had died of that. You could be talking about kite flying and I swear she knew someone that got tangled up in the kite string and choked to death. And it got to the point where you could almost not keep a straight face as she started out with: "I knew someone that died of thatl......" and she was off and running. Since we'd heard of so many weird deaths associated with people she knew, we'd joke that we wondered what she say about us, if it happened to be us.

Ah relatives, only have to put up with most of them one day a year.

One day is nice. I am blessed in that the rest of my family is great, just the one idiot.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2671888;
    One day is nice. I am blessed in that the rest of my family is great, just the one idiot.
    You are blessed because I think my family has some other family's idiot. We have more than one. Whoever is missing their idiot, please raise your hand, so we can thin the ranks in my family.

Unfortunately, my family is comprised of nothing but idiots, so I'm not taking on any of your extras .

Anyhoo, I would like to post my yearly helpful hint vis-a-vis holiday dinners. Fifteen years ago I said the hell with it, I'm not spending an entire day chopping, peeling, sauteing, boiling, roasting and steaming for a meal that takes twenty minutes to finish, only to follow that up with washing, washing and more washing, so we're having nachos. We've had nachos for every holiday dinner since, and will have nachos for every holiday dinner for the rest of my life. Unless I lose my taste for them, in which case, it's pizza. Nobody misses the turkey.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2671949;
    Unfortunately, my family is comprised of nothing but idiots, so I'm not taking on any of your extras .

Anyhoo, I would like to post my yearly helpful hint vis-a-vis holiday dinners. Fifteen years ago I said the hell with it, I'm not spending an entire day chopping, peeling, sauteing, boiling, roasting and steaming for a meal that takes twenty minutes to finish, only to follow that up with washing, washing and more washing, so we're having nachos. We've had nachos for every holiday dinner since, and will have nachos for every holiday dinner for the rest of my life. Unless I lose my taste for them, in which case, it's pizza. Nobody misses the turkey.
    Rattus...You are one cool lady...Nachos...I love it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread