+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2565092;
    Actually the older you get apparantly the less sleep you need. The correlation to this is that if you are an old man, then you must sleep in a chair during the day while the tv is on.
    You hit the nail on the head. My father-in-law will be asleep on the couch snoring at 10 o'clock at night and refuses to take his snoring upstairs to the guest room. The other night my husband said very casually, "Why don't you go to bed?" and the father-in-law got testy and said he'd go to bed whenever he felt like it. OY!

My mother is also coming this Wednesday. I'm going to have a full house. I might be institutionalized by Friday, but hey, I could use the vacation.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2565162;
    You hit the nail on the head. My father-in-law will be asleep on the couch snoring at 10 o'clock at night and refuses to take his snoring upstairs to the guest room. The other night my husband said very casually, "Why don't you go to bed?" and the father-in-law got testy and said he'd go to bed whenever he felt like it. OY!

My mother is also coming this Wednesday. I'm going to have a full house. I might be institutionalized by Friday, but hey, I could use the vacation.
    We'll be sure to send you nice care packages at the home. What color crayons would you prefer?

While I miss my parents like crazy, the thought of having them and the inlaws at the same time would be enough to send me packing. But as I no longer have inlaws or parents, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
    Like I said, as much as I miss my parents, there are times I do NOT miss all the family drama. And my MIL was the drama QUEEN. I don't think I ever saw her crack a smile or say anything good in the 18 years I knew her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2153021;
    my inlaws live 2500km away. Nah nah nah nah nah! LOL
    I'm in Washington, DC and my mother-in-law lives in Tehran, Iran (10186km away). Ha! Beat you, LOL. Seriously, thank God the woman doesn't speak English because she lives for "The Most Perfect Child Ever Created Who Can Never Do Wrong" aka my husband. So God forbid I ever disagree with anything he says. For the record, MY mother shares the same feelings as mom-in-law and will not hesitate to call me out no matter how right I am.

I might have you beat in the in law dept. My former sil babysat for my 2 oldest children when my middle was 6 weeks old. I came home one day to find that he had been bitten (and the bite marks did not match my oldest child). I kicked her out of my home (she was also living with us) and my fil came down to our apt and called me an "f'n b" and said it was all my fault that she did that.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

All your fault that your ex-sis-in-law bit your son when he was 6 weeks old?! I do not understand this at all. Rather, I don't undersatnd how a person can say it and believe it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2566721;
    my fil came down to our apt and called me an "f'n b" and said it was all my fault that she did that.
    If it was your fault, why didn't she just bite you instead of an infant? Is he crazy?!

MRD

OMG! I can't believe a grown woman (she was grown right?) bit a newborn. What a stupid *itch!!!!!

Well those of you with long distance inlaws, I have you all beat. Mine are very, very long distance, like in another world all together. But their actual address is the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell, Florida.
    And I tried really hard to like my inlaws. I went out of my way to send them pictures, cards, gifts, notes, I invited them over and they never did "cotton" to me. I bent over backwards many times and was never, ever accepted. But they didn't really accept their own son, my husband either, so I shouldn't have been so surprised that they didn't like me. At least we rarely saw or heard from them when they were alive, but my MIL was such a sourpuss that even a couple hour visit could last me a year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The part I could never (to this day) understand is the fault. I didn't blame the way she was on the way she was raised, but I didn't want her in my house ever again. After the divorce, I had it written in the decree that if my ex ever allowed her to be alone with my children, I would get full custody with no visitation. He understood, but his father never did. We did make our peace when my ex died.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

WHY did she bite the baby? To hush it? Because she's crazy? Because she wanted to? That poor little baby...

Maybe the baby looked like he tasted good?

Seriously though, famita you do have me beat. By a lot. A couple of the stories on here beat mine, actually. And I am very grateful that my in-laws are great grandparents and that they raised my husband to be the wonderful man that he is. But they still annoy the crap out of me!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread