+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about your In-Laws

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Re: Rant about your In-Laws

Ugh, My MIL is Satan's assistant. She is the most selfish, greedy, sneaky, racist, crass, nosy woman ever. I can't even begin to list the numerous things she has done, Especially since my 2 year old son has been born.
    Im currently not speaking to her. I really dont care. My husband can see her. BUt I wont, I refuse. I just stopped speaking to her, wont answer her calls or nothing. I cant take her BS anymore.
    This Mother's Day was my 2nd. My Husband had to work that afternoon, so we were enjoying the morning together with the kids. He was making me breakfast, it was around 830am and the phone rings. Its her. She wants my son (totally ignores my 8 month old baby girl, thats a different story) she wants him the whole day???WTF??? She just saw him the day before!!! I actually say "Are you crazy" and she whines how I ALWAYS see him!! Hello crazy lady, Im his mother!!! She asks again can she have him and I say NO, this is my mothers day . She then says.."I guess I better have my own baby" And I say " I guess so, because he isnt your baby he is your grandson!!" I also said you have had 35 mothers day's with your son, let me enjoy mine!

She is always trying to do all the "first" things with my sons, like get his first shoes, or first haircut..or what ever. She had her baby and got to do all that! Let me enjoy raising my son!

I told my husband we need to talk to her why my son cant go over her house by his self. He is trying to avoid it. He doesnt want WWIII but too bad! This needs to be dealt with. She refuses to get a fence for her pool...she is truly crazy........
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby;2422798;
    Ugh, My MIL is Satan's assistant. She is the most selfish, greedy, sneaky, racist, crass, nosy woman ever. I can't even begin to list the numerous things she has done, Especially since my 2 year old son has been born.
    Im currently not speaking to her. I really dont care. My husband can see her. BUt I wont, I refuse. I just stopped speaking to her, wont answer her calls or nothing. I cant take her BS anymore.
    This Mother's Day was my 2nd. My Husband had to work that afternoon, so we were enjoying the morning together with the kids. He was making me breakfast, it was around 830am and the phone rings. Its her. She wants my son (totally ignores my 8 month old baby girl, thats a different story) she wants him the whole day???WTF??? She just saw him the day before!!! I actually say "Are you crazy" and she whines how I ALWAYS see him!! Hello crazy lady, Im his mother!!! She asks again can she have him and I say NO, this is my mothers day . She then says.."I guess I better have my own baby" And I say " I guess so, because he isnt your baby he is your grandson!!" I also said you have had 35 mothers day's with your son, let me enjoy mine!

She is always trying to do all the "first" things with my sons, like get his first shoes, or first haircut..or what ever. She had her baby and got to do all that! Let me enjoy raising my son!

I told my husband we need to talk to her why my son cant go over her house by his self. He is trying to avoid it. He doesnt want WWIII but too bad! This needs to be dealt with. She refuses to get a fence for her pool...she is truly crazy........

At least she wants to see him. My MIL never wanted to see my daughter. She was 3 months old before they ever set eyes on her and they didn't live that far away either. Even when we lived in the same town, I think my daughter and my MIL spent a total of 3 days together and that was because I had to ASK her to take her as I needed to go to the dr.
    But we also didn't hear from her a lot, so that was nice. I pretty much never had inlaws except for a few days a year, so I guess I was lucky. But those few days seem like they lasted a year!

Oh and let me add that at the time my MIL lived in the same town, my daughter's other grandparents had all passed away and so had my FIL, so this grandma was the ONLY grandparent my child had and the only grandchild living in the same state that my MIL had. But she wasn't much of a mother and I guess that extended to being a grandmother too.

Now that she's gone, we have absolutely no contact at all with my husband's family. It's how he wants it and I am fine with that. They are all a bunch of wackos anyway (I don't know how he managed to come out of that home reasonably normal compared to the parents and his brothers and sisters who are all seriously disturbed)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Tallulah, good for you sticking to your guns!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Tallulah, good for you for telling her no! I wouldn't want to give up my Mother's Day, either. That was just plain rude of her to ask!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Every holiday she wants him all to her self. No one else around just him. I allowed it once. But im not going to any more. Ive waited all my life to have kids and endured 2 very difficult pregnancies. I didnt do it so this witch can take my kid away and do EVERYTHING for and with him. She buys him to much clothes...everything is to much.
    Oh , it doesnt help she lives 5 minutes away!!! And that my husband is only child. I just wish he would grown some cojones and tell her what is acceptable and give her bonderies since she has none. I have no problem telling her but If I do it will be she said/ she said! Its his mother, he needs to tell her.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I hope she comes to realize that your little guy is not her son's second coming! It's just odd that she ignores your daughter. I would be super pissed about that.
    When it comes to my daughter I have never even attempted to be diplomatic with family. We have our rules and our way of doing things and if you can't abide by them then you lose your 'visitation' priviledges and you will be stuck with a family visit.
    When my kiddo was 4 she was having her first sleepover at my mom's (long story) I used one of those zip ties and attached a set of laminated rules right to my daughter's suitcase. They are totally reasonable rules (no soda, no helmet=no ride on ANYTHING, No smoking in the house) and my mom kinda rolled her eyes. But when my kiddo got home she totally tattled on my mom's husband who forgot and lit up a ciggie in the kitchen. M told him to go outside and he did LOL.
    Once my FIL told me I was being too hard on M when I was correcting her. He said "she's a good girl, let her be" (he was gentle about it) I looked him right in the eye and I said "do you think she hatched that way?" And that was the last time.
    I am probably the daughter in law from hell but as long as my kiddo is raised how Mr. Dux and I want then all is well.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My MIL is wonderful. My step FIL, normally is too, but his family is full of bossy drunks. Two years ago at Thanksgiving time, the husband and I wanted to go out to see a movie. We had his mother watch Preston (who was 3 at the time). She took him to her husbands family get together and we picked him up there when we got back. It was a huge mistake.

When I walked in, I got verbally attacked. I was reprimanded about everything from his pacifier to him not being completely potty trained. A member of their family has a son that is 6 months younger who was potty trained and they were comparing our boys. I was livid. I told them that we were working on those things. My son is very bull headed and likes to do things in his own good time. It certainly wasn't because I wasn't encouraging him to give up the paci and to go potty. I was working overtime trying to accomplish those goals. But you mother's out there know...when a child is adamant about not doing something.....well, sometimes you just have to let them lead. They spent several minutes berating me. I threw in that I managed to raise 2 wonderful teenagers without their help and neither one of them started school in diapers. I also told them I was sure I could manage the same with another. Finally, I was so angry that I snatched my baby up and told them "You can raise you damn kids anyway you see fit and I'll do the same. " My parting words on my way out the door were Go To Hell! I was sooooo angry! My MIL and hubby had been talking outside so when I ran out in tears they had no idea what had happened. On the way home, I told my hubby all about it. He wasn't very happy. When we got home, his mother called and he ripped her a new one. I've never heard him speak to his mom like that. She actually started to defend her hubby until Mark told her the whole story. A few days later, her hubby came over and apologized to me. He said he had no right and that he thinks my kids are all nice, well mannered kids. I forgave him because he isn't the type to apologize to anyone and I felt he was sincere, but I have never forgiven his family. I refuse to go to the Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners they host for the entire family. We usually just go early to have dinner with my MIL and then leave before everyone else gets there.

Once in awhile I will run into one of them in the grocery store or at Wal-Mart and they always say hi and I always stick my nose in the air and ignore them. I know it's a bit immature on my part, but I refuse to acknowledge them. They were very hurtful and tactless and even though I'm not Mother Of The Year, I love my kids and do what's best for them. Always.

BTW...my little guy is completely potty trained and pacifier free.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

For remote_goddess

remote_goddess, just about every parent wants grandchildren, so I don't think it's that unsual that your boyfriend's mother is dropping not so subtle hints (although it'd be nice if she could just drop the hint and leave it be).

I'd say the bigger issue is your boyfriend, who sounds like he's saying one thing to you, but another to his mother. Just from reading your posts, it sounds like he wants to have a baby with you, despite what he may be saying about it being OK if you don't. I have two friends who got married and neither wanted to have children...at around 40, he began pushing for one and she gave in. They have a toddler now and love it, but that's not how she expected her life to go.

I would say that you and he need to have a long talk. If you're ambivalent about possibly having a baby later (which I think you mentioned), tell him. If you DEFINITELY know you don't want to have a baby ever again, let him know that, too, and tell him that you're most likely going to get your tubes tied.

Once you're both on the same page, I wouldn't leave it to him to tell your future MIL anything since he hasn't stepped up to the plate yet. I'd tell her. In fact, I'd just say, "Whoa Mrs. Whatever. Your son hasn't even proposed to me yet. Don't you think it's too early to start talking about babies? And to tell you the truth, I don't even want to have another baby and your son has said he's fine with that. But I appreciate your concern." And just leave it there. If your boyfriend just sits there like a dumb log, that'll stink. But at least his mom will know how you feel and it'll be out there.

If she is able to turn him against you, then he probably wanted to be turned anyhow. But if he loves you, it won't be an issue.

Good luck!!!

Woo-hoo, they're back! I'm so excited. It's been okay so far except that they won't go to bed and let me have a moments peace at night. GO TO BED!! YOU'RE OLD!! YOU NEED SLEEP!!

Also, I just noticed something tonight and it's very weird. My mother-in-law will only say "God bless" to me after I sneeze if my husband is around. If he's not within earshot she ignores it. No big deal to me, because we never did the "bless you" thing at my house (we're heathens, all of us). But it's just so odd a thing to do.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2564756;
    Woo-hoo, they're back! I'm so excited. It's been okay so far except that they won't go to bed and let me have a moments peace at night. GO TO BED!! YOU'RE OLD!! YOU NEED SLEEP!!

Also, I just noticed something tonight and it's very weird. My mother-in-law will only say "God bless" to me after I sneeze if my husband is around. If he's not within earshot she ignores it. No big deal to me, because we never did the "bless you" thing at my house (we're heathens, all of us). But it's just so odd a thing to do.
    Actually the older you get apparantly the less sleep you need. The correlation to this is that if you are an old man, then you must sleep in a chair during the day while the tv is on.

That is too weird about the bless you thing. Why can't people just accept other people? Fortunately we like my daughter's boyfriend, but I doubt I could be that rude to anyone unless she marries a total loser and even then, I'd have to accept her choice. May not like it, but I'd have to learn to live with it. Good luck with the stay. Just don't sneeze anymore!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread