+ Reply to Thread

Thread: November 22, 1963

November 22, 1963

I just wanted to post this lest we forget something that changed the course of the United States forever, in a six second timespan we lost our innocence, of which we will never get back. Four black days of mourning, hopes dashed, a young vital President cut down leaving a country, a world stunned.

In Memory of John Fitzgerald Kennedy the 35th President of the United States for a brief shining moment that was known as Camelot.

Thank You for reading this.

Just beautiful, gabriel.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks for remembering Gabriel...........any of us old enough to remember that day will never forget the overwhelming sadness and dispair felt that morning. I was in the Jr High library when the news came to us. We all gathered together as a stunned and weeping school around our flag pole and had a moment of silent prayer for our nation..............
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I was only four at the time, but I remember my mother plopping me in front of the t.v. to watch the funeral. She said something to the effect of, "This is an important day, you need to watch this and remember it".
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Thank you for posting that gabriel. We should not forget. The world would have been a different one today should the President have lived.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread