+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Are You Thankful For?

I'm thankful for my family; my unbelievably supportive and loving husband, my crazy but considerate children, my many brothers and sisters who I don't talk to that often but I always know they're there, and my mother whose greatest gift to me was an open-mind. I'm thankful for the opportunities and the happiness that my family has experienced in the last five years or so, and I'm hoping that the trend continues indefinitely. I'm thankful for all of you here at the FORT as well; I don't post as much as I read so I feel like I know all of you better than any of you know me!

I am thankful for my 2 wonderful kids Mona the "crabby" Tabby, Joey the "little" (17 pound) fella, My Mom & Dad, My brother & Sis in law, My job, My Uncle who moved back here last year from New York (and who lives in my building) my boss, my peers and subordinates at work and of course i am thankful for all my friends here at the FORT site and John for starting this place.

Where do I begin?

I'm thankful that I've found my special someone, my leading man, my Mr Geek, the reason why I wake up every morning. The very thought that there's someone in this world who thinks I'm the most amazing human being on this planet is mind-boggling; the fact that that person happens to be the most amazing person to me, too, is just plain crazy. The sheer serendipity of it! So first and foremost, I'm thankful that I've found love, and that love has found me.

(See? I really am the most sentimental person alive. Bring on the violins!)

I'm thankful for my family, who I love to death and couldn't imagine being without. I'm especially thankful for my sister who, even though she lives thousands and thousands of miles away, is in my thoughts and heart 24/7. I'm thankful that my precious kitties were rescued from horrible conditions and somehow, by luck and fate combined I think, found a way to our loving home.

I'm thankful that I have a fulfilling job, wonderful friends (online as well as IRL), a strong and healthy body (even though I'll never be a size 0 - and thank God for that!) and a beautiful, warm apartment to come home to every day. I'm thankful that I have money and time to spend on my hobbies. I'm thankful that my favourite authors keep on publishing new books. Last but not least, I'm thankful that I'm finally at peace with who I am, inside and out. It's taken me 26 years, but it's a constant work in progress.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I am thankful for my dear sweet husband who works so hard, my sons who make me proud, my parents for being a fine example and for the friends I have found on this site.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel better than I did last year, though still not 100%, I'm grateful; I only have to think about what things used to be like. My family are mostly healthy overall; I have my closest loved ones still with me (other than grandparents, who I miss still).

I'm grateful for leading enough of a privileged life that I don't have to do hard labor, which I doubt I could do; but many have to, despite not being at their best. Many around the world must scrap and scrabble just to have enough food. (And many still don't have enough.)

I'm grateful for all the things I forget and usually take for granted. Thanks God. I have a pretty fair life.

I'm thankful for my husband, without whom everything else would be grey and meaningless. He literally saved my life. Also thankful for the boys, my furry little friends, Harvey and Finley, whom I love nearly as much as I love my husband.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm thankful for my family, my girlfriend and my health.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12