+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

I don't know if anyone else is on this mailing list but I signed up last year and they send out updates on what stores will have on sale on "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving).

I thought I would post this and help anyone who may be looking for something particular........I'm one of those nuts who get up at the crack of dawn and go shopping....I usually get the few items I need but then I like to still hang around and watch all the idiots fight over things!

http://www.blackfriday.gottadeal.com/
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Thanks bb! I'm not sure if I'll hit the stores this year on Black Friday or not. I did last year for a quick trip, but that was because I really needed stuff they had on sale.

It doesn't work for every retailer, but my mom taught me years ago that the day before Thanksgiving can be one of the best shopping days of the year. The stores have everything out in preparation for Friday, and in many cases, have cut the prices already too. But unlike that Friday, there's hardly anyone in the stores because everyone is home cooking. There have been a few times that we've had just my parents and me for Thanksgiving, so we've gone out rather than making a huge feast for so few people. When we do that, my mom and I celebrate Black Wednesday in style!

There is no sale great enough to lure me out of my turkey-induced coma.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm with you, Newf. I avoid the stores the day after Thanksgiving like the plague. I hate crowds so no sale seems worth it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Me three! I have a friend who goes out with her sisters, mother, aunts and cousins every year. They make an event out of it - going to breakfast, splitting up to shop and meeting again for a late lunch. Just thinking of it makes me .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I prefer to pick one store and not go all over town. If my biggest need/want this year is electronics or housewares or etc., I go to whichever store I think has the best deals and then go home! Last year I found some excellent buys at Walmart and it wasn't even that crowded because everyone else was in the part of town where the malls and Target is.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2141217;
    They make an event out of it - going to breakfast, splitting up to shop and meeting again for a late lunch. Just thinking of it makes me .
    I hate, despise and cringe at the day after Thanksgiving shopping. My restaurant gets busy at 6 a.m. and doesn't let up until about 3 p.m. It's our busiest day of the year. It's wild and we get beat up real bad.

I hate it too. I used to get up before dawn and wait in line to push and fight for a bargain. Now I'd rather pay regular price than deal with the hassle.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Newbie
    Black Friday is insanity I tell you. Insanity!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2141204;
    I'm with you, Newf. I avoid the stores the day after Thanksgiving like the plague. I hate crowds so no sale seems worth it.

I'm with you guys....HATE the crowds. No sale is worth the aggrevation
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast