+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

I don't believe I will ever do that again. I was at Walmart at 5:15. The one item I really wanted, a bissell stick broom for $12 was nowhere to be had. I asked 4 employees, nobody knew where they were. One of them informed me to check housewares, I just said, Ya think? sarcasticly. Lines were stretched around the store, employees were running around looking for stock. One huge line I asked the lady in front of me what they were waiting for, she said, I think it is some kind of electronics. I thought to myself...you're waiting in a huge line and you don't know why? That is madness.

Ended up spending about 40 on some tioletries for the kids. Got to target at 6, saw the lines to get into the place and just lost my nerve.

I just cannot believe how totally senseless people act to save a few bucks. I'll just stick with weekday hours and internet shopping.

I went to Walmart at 5am and it was packed. You couldn't even get near the electronics department. I had to ditch my basket so that I could manuever between everybody. I did get a few things but not anything worth going out that early for. I got a 1 GB flashdrive for $13 and a small crockpot for $4. I wanted the mixing bowl set they advertised for $149 (think it was Kitchen Aid) but I couldn't find it, nor could I find a programmable coffee pot they had advertised on sale. The tv's flew out the door. Luckily I don't need any new tv's right now. They had a 52" projection that was pretty popular because by 5:30 they had a sign up that they were sold out. The grocery side of the store was empty. I don't know why they don't spread the big ticket items out instead of keeping them confined to one area.

Best Buy online has Arrested Development Season 3 and The Office Season 1 for $9.99 a piece so I ordered them and chose the "pick up at store" option. I'll go later in the week when the frenzy dies down.

So this year wasn't really a big coup for me but there's always next year!

I got up at 5:30a this morning to walk over to Sears (just under 1 min!-6 houses down). Walked in, not many people, but want to get King-size comforter set for 19.99 and 4 jumbo pillows for 3.99 each. King-size beddings set always expensive and that was cheap find from today's black friday madness... I couldn't believe what I've seen on the news when i turned on TV (want to see what's the atomsphere's like at different stores...) I was scared to go out and shop at sears but it wasn't too bad. Total time of the trip: 15 minutes. not too bad! I'd rather shop at other times not today!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

I went to Mall of America today and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. But why, oh why, do people bring strollers on days like today?! I got rammed twice the legs with a stroller. There just isn't any room--leave the little ones at home!

Got a lot done and am heading out once more for the weekend tomorrow to an outlet mall with a Coach outlet and some other great stores.

Only have a couple things left and I'm totally done with my Christmas shopping!

I got to work at the restaurant at 5:30. We are open 24 hours. By 7:30 the restaurant was full and we were on a wait for seats. This doesn't normally happen until about 9:00 or 9:30. It was the busiest day ever. It was great. Plenty of staff on hand and everything went smooth. By 1:00 we were dead and I was sending people home. Even the customers all seemed to be quite jovial and said they had great days shopping. Coffee makers and toaster ovens at Wal-mart for$3.98. Flat screen tv's at Meijers for $99. My restaurant is in front af a Kohls and that place was a zoo. People were telling me they stood in line for 2 hours to pay. You'd never catch me in that madhouse. :nono

I hate to double post but I just got this in an email from a friend. It's a free shipping weekend at certain retailer's online shopping sites.
    http://shopping.aol.com/pages/Free-S...opDYNLprim0001

I went mid afternoon and got everything I wanted on sale except for the new Monopoly game for $10 at Meijers but Target had it for $15 and I got it there. I went to three places, all were busy but not nuts.

I'm half done Christmas shopping and I think the rest can be done online. .
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

WOW! I had NO idea that the shopping deals were that great in the U.S. after Thanksgiving! We do not have sales like that up here after our Thanksgiving. What a great way to get Christmas presents on sale.

Pardon me, though, for sounding stoopid, but why do they call it Black Friday? Our Black Friday is the anniversary of a tornado that killed many people and flattened a trailer park and several businesses.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Its because all the retailers get out of the red and into the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2154596;
    I hate to double post but I just got this in an email from a friend. It's a free shipping weekend at certain retailer's online shopping sites.
    http://shopping.aol.com/pages/Free-S...opDYNLprim0001
    Thanks for that link, Unk. I have most of my shopping done without ever leaving my house this holiday weekend. No crowds and no computer crashes, either.

+ Reply to Thread