+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I love Black Friday. And Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. So, this is my favorite weekend of the year coming up. Ah, bliss!

Mom is a shopaholic and passed it down to me: I could remember her bringing in a stroller that I didn't need anymore and fill it up with all the bags of stuff we bought while my sister and I held on to the sides of it. I can remember discussing the battle plan the night before, carefully choosing which mall to go to (I live in North Jersey, come on!).... ahhh!

For the past 10 years or so, I've altered the tradition... I wake up whatever time I feel like, still blissed out on tryptophans and marshmallowed sweet potatoes and hop on the train into Manhattan (15 minute trip). I spend the day in the city, shopping, lunching, meeting a special friend. AHHHHH! It's great; no parking woes, no lines that you can't just go to another store to avoid.

Another thing I've done, once or twice in the past decade is go to the outlet center upstate. A large plot of land with all the outlet stores spread out... park once and head into the fray: Saks Off 5th, Carter's, Burberry, Bass, Calvin Klein, BCBG, that place with all the crystal, an electronics store, Harry & David, J Crew, etc. etc. etc. Plus, it has a few places to either grab something portable to eat; or sit down and eat. Nice!!!!

I love it, and can't wait!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!! I hope to see everyone posting their favorite bargains/other purchases!
    Could does not mean should

I've decided to let you all shop for me this year. It is the one thing I hate more than going to the dentist! Crowds, long lines, people grabbing for the last sale item,....you can keep it! I try to do my shopping the entire year, and only have 1 quilt to complete.

I love shopping the day after Thanksgiving--it is so festive! My mom, grandma, and 2 aunts and I used to do it every year, but ever since my grandma passed away 7 years ago we haven't gone.

I am planning on doing at least a little shopping next Friday--I'm excited to get into the Christmas season!

When I was younger I used to battle the crowds for a bargain but not anymore.....I'll wait for a sale during the week.........when everyone is at work.....no more crowds for me.

Well I survived and was home by 7:45am. Went to radio shack and got two new phones and a dvd player.
    How'd everyone else do?

Haven't gone yet myself--heading out at 10 a.m. (central). I'm scared!!

I actually broke down and went to Bed Bath and Beyond. It wasn't bad at all. Of course, the Shopko right next door was a madhouse.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I went to the Target (5 min. from home) at 5 am, got on a reasonable line, waited an hour for the doors to open, rushed in to the electronics madhouse, got my 2 iPod Clock/Radio/Charger things, then a couple of aisles down grabbed a B&D power drill (it's so cool and 29 smackers!), raced down the aisle toward toys, got all the kids done, finished, completo... zoomed back toward the door I came in (next to the dvds and electronics) grabbed 2 copies of Pirates (6 each!), Family Guy Season (13 bucks!), and an iTunes gift card for myself (I deserve it for being up at 4:40 am!), picked up milk and cold cream in the absolutely empty other end of the store, got on line, (I was second!) and was out the door and back home by 6:50 am! I went back to bed. Now I'm at work to pay for all the shopping I just did. Not too bad, I got out only spending just under $200, but you had to see other people's totals, with the flat screen tvs and those combo systems, and those big chairs that the audio comes out of?? Crazy, 600+! 1,000 +! I love to see what people got.

Write in, people! Enquiring minds want to know!
    Could does not mean should

My mom and I went to Kohl's and Target this morning at 6AM. I ended giving up and going home when I couldn't even get anywhere near the electronics department. Kohl's was really bad this year when the checkout lines were wrapped around the store for each side of registers.

We also did go before that to a midnight madness sale at the Aurora Farms Outlets outside of Cleveland. That place was crazy for a little while but calmed down very fast when people realized that there were not that many great deals. Yankee Candle outlet was supposed to have all of the big jar candles for 4 for $40. What was the trick was that they were seconds of just holiday scents, which kinda sucked. I did buy some clothes at the Lane Bryant outlet.

Anywho, my only rant about this whole Black Friday thing is why aren't stores more prepared. Best Buy was! They even practiced. Target, Kohl's, these places were not prepared at all for all the madness that comes every year. Why not setup a checkout line like Best Buy does. There was a mass of people just crowding around the registers. It was really bad.

Anywho, enough rant. I have to get ready to slave for the man at the pet store. Our worst day is Christmas eve. Everyone buys all their pets for their kids that evening, lol!

Just got back from an outlet mall - gorgeous day to be out.
    its like 60 degrees and sunny out. should be good for the retail stores today.

Hubby bought me a leather coat, I got a red leather jacket for me.
    I really don't have anyone to shop for.

yeah. got socks (son) and cookies(mom). but no electronic stuff needed.

+ Reply to Thread