+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Re: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

This pretty much sums it up IMO.
    I'm up at 3 a.m. not to go shopping but to go to work to feed all you bargain shoppers. Be kind to us today, it's not our fault the stores only had one of the items on sale or you've been in line for 2 hours. It's an extremely busy day for all. Remember the people out there trying to serve you have rolled out of bed early themselves and are working their butts off to take care of you. Don't take it out on us.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-28-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Good morning! I've been up since 3 because I'm so excited. My daughter is coming with me (that should be interesting trying to get her up in half an hour). She's never been shopping on Black Friday morn, but I have a short list for Walmart and then we'll come back home. She'll probably head out back to her home then. We've had a lovely, simple TG together. This will take care of most of my Christmas. I'll probably wrap this afternoon.
    Count your blessings!

I wish I had seen something advertised that was too good of a deal to pass up because it might have been fun to fight the madness. Happy hunting Gut!
    CYA

I can't wait to go shopping! It is so fun.. and I do still have shopping to do.

I wish I had gone at 3 when I woke up. I would have if my daughter wasn't home. When we got there at 4:30 there was already a line from the door to the back of the parking lot and by the time the doors opened there were 4 times that many behind us. Once the line started moving there was no crowd control and people were cutting in front from the sides. By the time I got into the store all the laptops were gone. I didn't stay for anything else. The place was gridlocked. Now I'm mad at myself for not going early, but can't cry over spilt milk. So my daughter will not be getting a laptop unless her dad wants to spring for it.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I did not go this year. First time in years and years. And while I wanted a laptop too, I know how those stores operate and knew that unless I stood in line from about 2 am onward, I wouldn't get one. There are never enough, there is never crowd control. Etc. About 3 years ago, Walmart had laptops and the store we went too got exactly TWENTY laptops to sell. It's not worth it if only the first twenty people that probably never even went to bed and were in Walmart from midnight onward got them.

It used to be a lot of fun to go with friends, but I have none here that like to go. And we'd all convene at a restaurant afterwards for breakfast and it was like a big party in the restaurant. We always ran into people we knew and everyone would be bragging about their bargains. And we always were nice to the staff because they were the bright spot at the end of the crowded stores.
    But Unk's right, be kind to the restaurant staff, they'd probably like to be shopping getting bargains too and can't because they have to work.

Happy Hunting everyone.

Gut, check online because sometimes you can get the bargains online too and also, everything i've been reading says that Black Friday is not going to be the bargain day that it usually is. They say that stores will be discounting a LOT the closer they get to Christmas because they aren't expecting people to shop, so as it gets closer, they will start deep discounting products. So if I hear of a good laptop sale somewhere, I'll let you know.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm still reeling from the experience. I had other things on my list, but we just left. I still can't get over so many people cutting the line when there were hundreds waiting in the cold. At least my daughter didn't even know we were considering it this early. It's not like I had a young child expecting a Tickle Me Elmo from Santa. Still. I'm kicking myself I didn't go as soon as I woke up. Of course, if I had been waiting 2 hours and didn't get one, I'd be even more mad, so maybe I need to just let the whole thing go and eat some chocolate.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3242437;
    I'm still reeling from the experience. I had other things on my list, but we just left. I still can't get over so many people cutting the line when there were hundreds waiting in the cold. At least my daughter didn't even know we were considering it this early. It's not like I had a young child expecting a Tickle Me Elmo from Santa. Still. I'm kicking myself I didn't go as soon as I woke up. Of course, if I had been waiting 2 hours and didn't get one, I'd be even more mad, so maybe I need to just let the whole thing go and eat some chocolate.
    Let it go Gut and just think that those that cut the line probably didn't get one either. Because they probably had about 20 laptops in the entire store.
    It can get CRAZY and I blame the individual stores for not having crowd control. Where I used to live, it was very orderly and people for the most part were polite and didn't cut. But up here, it's cutthroat. It's like combat shopping and I refuse to play.

Target also used to have people go down the line and give out numbered tickets to those of us waiting in line depending on what you were there for. So if they had a stereo sale, and you wanted a stereo, you got a ticket that said: Stereo #15 and you presented your tickets where they had the stereos and they wouldn't give anyone stereos unless you had the ticket. I thought that was a great idea.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The way I look at it, I just saved myself hundreds of dollars. Now I'm going back to the "I'm done" mindset and the kids can be mature about it being a lean year. None of them have especially warranted a big Christmas anyway.
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

you all are CRAZY!!! :LOL

+ Reply to Thread