+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Re: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

MRD - when I was trying to size up the two laptops Walmart is offering there were several Black Friday best bargain sites - I'd type that into a search.
    Count your blessings!

I won't be going. My ex-DIL called me yesterday and asked if we could take Lexie early next weekend. Thanksgiving isn't my sons holiday, so we weren't planning on getting her until Friday night. Now, she wants to drop her off on Thursday, because she and her mom are planning on going shopping Friday morning. Spending time with my angel is WAY more fun than fighting my way through enormous crowds to spend money that I don't have. Plus, our little town always has a Holiday parade, complete with Santa and then lighting the huge display of lights at the court house, and now we get to take her to that, so all is right in my world.

I just checked for extra holes in my head, and since I didn't find any, I guess that I won't be shopping that day. Actually, I will end up driving most of the day, transporting a Newf from Oklahoma to Kansas City.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I never, ever go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. That's my day to clean the house real good and get those Christmas decorations up.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3240111;
    I just checked for extra holes in my head, and since I didn't find any, I guess that I won't be shopping that day.

My best friend just called - wants to know what I'm doing on Friday. I may end up out in the crowds after all!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

What Are Your Black Friday Plans?

Do you plan your Black Friday with the precision of a military unit?

Do you and your family fan out across Wal-Mart in color-coordinated sweats, walkie talkies in hand, to find the best deals on the day after Thanksgiving? Is Black Friday - the opening of the holiday shopping season - an annual event at your house that requires scouring ads, planning ahead and coordination?

In this economic climate, things may get even crazier than normal, so be prepared!
    I stole this wonderful List for the best Black friday sales from my friend, you can create your own shopping list also.
    Hehe...
    What are your Black Friday plans?
    Last edited by femme fatale; 11-25-2008 at 01:34 AM.

I will be staying as far away from stores as I can get.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm getting ready to feed the crowds on that day. I'm rallying the troops for a 5 a.m. start time instead of 7 a.m.

I will be hiding in my house, re-arranging the living room and putting up the tree.

We spent most of Sunday shopping and the stores were pretty crowded already! NO WAY am I venturing out on Friday. I also rooted around through the closets until I found the Christmas cards and wrapping paper (all decorated with penguins) that I bought last year after Christmas.

We have a Walmart that is open 24/7 and we usually hit that store very late at night during the holidays. It's generally not crowded and there are rarely screaming children in there at 2am.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread