+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Re: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

I was up at 3:00 a.m. on Black Friday. My friend had asked me several times if I wanted to go and I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to sleep or shop. The last time she called was 9:00 on Thanksgiving night so I said sure, if she'd come pick me up.

We got to Kohl's at 4:00 a.m. The parking lot was full, and so was the store, but I managed to get a purse I'd had my eye on for my mother as well as some other gifts. We did have to wait in line for about an hour to check out, but I was having fun with my friend. I picked up more stuff as the line wound around the store so I ended up with quite a haul.

I was interviewed by a reporter with the local paper when I slipped outside for a smoke. When I read the article online this morning I laughed out loud to see that my friend and I have been "shoping" together since 1973. That's a lot of "shoping." What I'd told the reporter is that we'd been friends since 1973.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Dinahann.

I ended up going out even though I swore I wouldn't. I had to deposit my paycheck and went to the branch in Walmart. I got sucked into the store and the funny thing is when it came time to check out, there were checkers just waiting. I have never gotten out of that Walmart without a wait in line.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2690473;
    Dinahann.

I ended up going out even though I swore I wouldn't. I had to deposit my paycheck and went to the branch in Walmart. I got sucked into the store and the funny thing is when it came time to check out, there were checkers just waiting. I have never gotten out of that Walmart without a wait in line.
    I've never gotten out of a Walmart without waiting in line. And the line I'm in is always the slowest. I've shopped the sales at Walmart in years past, but was not in the market for a plasma screen or computer this year so I didn't go. Every day at Walmart is like Black Friday in my town.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

My main reason after the bank was groceries. My Walmart is usually like yours. Huge lines and I am always in the slowest as well.

Anyone planning on braving Black Friday this year? I wonder if it will be not-as-crowded due to the economy this time around...

I have to be at work at 7am so probably won't get much shopping done. Usually Radio Shack has something I want and they open at 5 or 6 so I'll have plenty of time to get there and to work. Other then that I'm broke and don't plan to do a whole lot of shopping this year. My kids usually get the full hook up at tax time so they understand that Chirstmas is about Christ and family and tax season is when Santa comes.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Some of the outlets in Cali hold midnight madness sales on Thanksgiving. Last year at Midnight I was standing in line to get into a coach outlet. I had to be at work at 7am,lol.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm always out..even if I'm not buying anything!

No one has given me their Christmas list yet so maybe I'll just shop exclusively for myself on Black Friday!

There are plenty of websites out there that have the scanned ads for most places so you can see ahead of time what some of the sales may be!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It's the busiest day of the year at the restaurant for us. I go in at 5, we have a full house by 6 and it stays that way until about 1 to 2 p.m.

Our big outlet mall is having a midnight PJ party on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and the first 500 customers get all sorts of freebies and coupons (if they are in their PJ's). It's really fun and the kids love it because they are up late and seeing everybody in the "wrong" clothes.

+ Reply to Thread