+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

MRD

Re: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2688013;
    I looked at the ads ... and there is NOTHING that I want or need so badly that I will go stand in the cold and wait in line for hours for ... only to find that by "limited quantities ,,, no rain checks" ... they mean they have only 2 of the items available in the store.

I did it last year at Wal-Mart and my biggest beef was the people who had one person wait in line, and then when it got close to door-buster time, 5 or 10 people got out of some van and stood in the place the 1 person was "saving" in front of me. Other people also had one person ... usually some poor whipped husband or oppressed teen-aged son ... arrive early and then joined them in line. So, for every 10 people in front of me, there were at least 40 waiting somewhere out of sight who jumped in at the last minute. Boo !

I am only going close to home this time to stores that open at 7am or so. I need one of those remote controlled helicopters for an adult child ... my SO.
    I jinxed myself. I kept saying "I don't have to go to bed early, because I don't have to get up in the wee hours". It's now the "wee hours" and I woke up and can't go back to sleep.

I too don't need a thing that I need to go stand in line for. I'm probably going to go out tomorrow, but its to places to get a few things that I can go normal hours and I only need a couple things.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2688018;
    I jinxed myself. I kept saying "I don't have to go to bed early, because I don't have to get up in the wee hours". It's now the "wee hours" and I woke up and can't go back to sleep.

I too don't need a thing that I need to go stand in line for. I'm probably going to go out tomorrow, but its to places to get a few things that I can go normal hours and I only need a couple things.
    I know ! My SO jinxed me with ... "Well you'll never get up." But it's more like I'll never fall asleep !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2688024;
    I know ! My SO jinxed me with ... "Well you'll never get up." But it's more like I'll never fall asleep !
    I go through periods of insomnia every few months and this past week I've not slept much.

Interestingly enough, my husband HATES shopping the day after Thanksgiving. He went with me once and I thought he'd spontaneous combust on the spot.

Yesterday we looked at the ads and Home Depot, Lowes and Northern Tool all have early bird sales. Guess where he's going before he goes to work in a few hours? It's amazing how "great" those sales are when its at stores HE likes.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2688031;
    I go through periods of insomnia every few months and this past week I've not slept much.

Interestingly enough, my husband HATES shopping the day after Thanksgiving. He went with me once and I thought he'd spontaneous combust on the spot.

Yesterday we looked at the ads and Home Depot, Lowes and Northern Tool all have early bird sales. Guess where he's going before he goes to work in a few hours? It's amazing how "great" those sales are when its at stores HE likes.
    My SO has to work tomorrow so he won't be going he's pretending no interest, but the last two years he did the same thing as your hubby ... Menard's and Home Depot and a couple of things are still in the boxes. Boys and their toys !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2688032;
    My SO has to work tomorrow so he won't be going he's pretending no interest, but the last two years he did the same thing as your hubby ... Menard's and Home Depot and a couple of things are still in the boxes. Boys and their toys !
    My husband is in construction, so few of his toys stay in the boxes, but he did mention that something he bought for work about a month ago, he could get tomorrow morning MUCH cheaper. He has to be at work around 7:30, so he's getting up around 5 and heading out before work. God only knows what it is because we have every saw ever made in the entire world.

I'm off to feed you early morning shoppers. Heading in to the restaurant. This is insanity I tell you!

Good luck with that Unk! I bet they work up an appetite with all that shopping. Who wants to eat at 4 am? If I was motivated enough to get up at 4 am I would just buy my stuff and go home.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2688114;
    Good luck with that Unk! I bet they work up an appetite with all that shopping. Who wants to eat at 4 am? If I was motivated enough to get up at 4 am I would just buy my stuff and go home.
    Our routine used to be shop until about 8 or 9 am and then go eat breakfast and compare notes on what we bought.

I guess that is kind of like our "boxing day" sales. In Canada Dec. 26th is a holiday and people are lined up around the block for the sales, especially electronics. I just don't like crowds of that size, so I love to kick back the day after since all the work is done, and I almost enjoy that day more that Christmas....reading my new books, eating turkey sandwiches, etc.

I went to a SuperTarget in my neighborhood (St. Paul) at 9 this morning and it was like a weekday! Less busy than on the weekends when I usually go!
    I was all prepared for madness and there was no crowds, no wait in line at all; heck, they only had a fourth of the registers even open!
    I don't know if people go out to the 'burbs to shop on Black Friday or Targets by malls, but it was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread