+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

Re: Shopping the Day after Thanksgiving....

I pretty much dread shopping from Thanksgiving to the end of the year.
    <-- online shopper

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2675852;
    Shopping on Black Friday is a big hell no for me. I like going out the day after Christmas though.
    Now that, I'll do. I can pick up all the wrapping papers and stuff for almost nothing. But you won't catch me anywhere near a mall or store the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be putting lights up on the house and scarfing leftovers, thankyouverymuch.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2676221;
    Now that, I'll do. I can pick up all the wrapping papers and stuff for almost nothing. But you won't catch me anywhere near a mall or store the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be putting lights up on the house and scarfing leftovers, thankyouverymuch.[/
    That's what I plan on doing this year. However, we are currently having the tree debate. I am allergic to real trees and can't touch them, so the rest of the family decorates the tree under my direction. And the tree decorators have threatened to go on strike this year because they don't like the director.

So we are hotly debating getting an artificial tree again (we haven't had one in several years). So if I can get a good deal on an artificial tree the day after Thanksgiving, I may well be out shopping, but just for that one item.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm like Bbnbama, I hate shopping any day of the year except Black Friday. There is something about the atmosphere that makes it fun. Its the one day that I actually enjoy the crowds. I enjoy getting up at an ungodly hour and standing outside in the cold with a bunch of strangers who end up being friends before the doors open and we all rush in. Usually people are still in a festive mood from having ate such a great meal the day before and having spent hours scanning the sales ads. We all discuss what we're there to get. Its actually a lot of fun.

I absolutely will not go to Walmart, Kmart, or any of the other large department stores. They only stock 10 of their sale items and there are way to many people standing in line to get them. I usually stick with Freds Drugs for Less or Radio Shack. Then I hit Walgreens for my wrapping paper/name tags/ribbons and bows. CVS usually has some neat little items for a good price too.

Like someone else mentioned I have found that a lot of the things that are on sale BF will also go on sale for the same price sometime before Christmas. I have found that Walmarts bikes will usually go on sale for the same BF price about two weeks later.

Everyone have fun and be sure to stay safe out there!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My 1st stop is usually Best Buy so I stand in line outside with all the other crazy folks!

Right down from Best Buy is Target so that's usually my next stop and then I'll hit Walmart. I NEVER EVER EVER go to the mall!!!!!

The day after Christmas my mom and I (and sometimes my S.O.) stand in line at Walmart. She loves White Diamonds perfume so she loads up on the gift sets of that. One time she bought over 30 boxes of it!

I usually get Christmas decorations and gift sets to put up for presents throughout the year. The sad thing about it is I live in a little 2 bedroom apartment and some of those decorations I have never even taken out of the box! Fortunately I am moving into a house shortly so between what I have and what my S.O. has, we should be Clark Griswald ready!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2676492;
    My 1st stop is usually Best Buy so I stand in line outside with all the other crazy folks!

Right down from Best Buy is Target so that's usually my next stop and then I'll hit Walmart. I NEVER EVER EVER go to the mall!!!!!

The day after Christmas my mom and I (and sometimes my S.O.) stand in line at Walmart. She loves White Diamonds perfume so she loads up on the gift sets of that. One time she bought over 30 boxes of it!

I usually get Christmas decorations and gift sets to put up for presents throughout the year. The sad thing about it is I live in a little 2 bedroom apartment and some of those decorations I have never even taken out of the box! Fortunately I am moving into a house shortly so between what I have and what my S.O. has, we should be Clark Griswald ready!
    I always buy lights after Christmas, so we always have tons of lights because I detest going through old strings of lights trying to figure why some are not burning. I'm convinced the person that invented Christmas lights was a sadist.

I always try to hit Michaels on BF as they usually have some 50% off coupons.

I just wanted to give a heads up on one of the ads. Walgreens Patriot Candles usually sell for 7.99 for one or 3 for $20. On BF they are buy one get two free. And they are awesome candles! To me they are even better then Yankee Candles. I will make a point to get these again this year.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2685055;
    I just wanted to give a heads up on one of the ads. Walgreens Patriot Candles usually sell for 7.99 for one or 3 for $20. On BF they are buy one get two free. And they are awesome candles! To me they are even better then Yankee Candles. I will make a point to get these again this year.
    Oh thanks. I think I will go to Walgreens since its right up the street anyway.
    I LOVE Walgreens. One year I did most of my Christmas shopping there and no where else. I can roam Walgreens for at least an hour to kill time and find all kinds of cool stuff.

(To me, Yankee Candles are nice, but overpriced). A.C. More had jarred candles on sale not too long ago and I bought a pumpkin one and it has smelled great. I think it was around $2 and regularaly $7. I'll have to keep checking as they are always putting these on sale. I don't know the brand of them though.

I also want to check Walgreens because last black Friday they had my covergirl makeup on sale, buy one, get one free. I got enough to last me a full year and I need some now, so hopefully they will repeat that sale this year.

Ok you people are insane (or adventurous)! I saw ads on tv last night for the Friday sales.
    Doors opening at 4am? 5am? 6am? Who the heck gets up to be at a 4am open??
    I say open at 12:01am and make it really fun.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

A couple of malls here are opening at midnight tonight. Not for me.

+ Reply to Thread