+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change Your Clock & Batteries DST Ends Sunday

Change Your Clock & Batteries DST Ends Sunday

For those of us on Daylight Savings Time remembr to set your clock back one hour Saturday night. This is also a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detector. 86% of homes in the U.S. have at least one smoke detector, one third are not working – most failures are attributed to lack of annual battery replacement. It is a law that each dwelling units must have at least one functioning smoke detector. If you didn’t change your battery when you changed your clocks in the Spring…DO SO NOW! It may very well save your life or the life of a loved one.

I hate DST in the fall. I don't mind the earlier sunrise and sunset, and I don't have any real trouble making the mental time shift, but the mechanics of it drive me crazy. Stay up until 2 AM. Set the clocks back an hour. By the time I get them all changed, the first clock is coming up on 2 AM again. Go through the whole process again. I'd be stuck in an infinite loop if I didn't collapse somewhere around dawn.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder UnkleScott. Personally, I hate daylight savings. It's a pain. Luckily most of my clocks/computer/phone etc. automatically change the time...but I still have a few old school clocks (and watches) that have to be manually changed. Ugh.

I love the fall half of daylight's savings lol. It lets me get an extra hour of sleep on saturday night, which is nice considering it's hard for me to fall asleep earlier on friday nights and wake up at 5 am for work on the weekends. And I always just change my alarm clock when i head to bed
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Thanks for reminding us, Unk. I just love setting the clock back. I'm always up for another hour of sleep.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Thanks for the reminder Unk.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thanks, Unk.

I don't like DST. I need all the daylight I can get.

I'm glad it's over. Now it will be easier to call my friend in AZ. It's a 3 hour time difference now but since AZ doesn't go on DST it will only be 2 hours. I'll be out there for a week on Nov. 7th.

Premium Member
    Don't remind me. I'm on call at the hospital tomorrow for 24 hours, but it's really 25 hours. I am looking forward to it not being still dark when I get to work, but I'm not excited for it to get dark so early.

Thanks for the reminder! Fall is truly here.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast