+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JR don't read.;). A letter to the Pres, by my daughter

JR don't read.;). A letter to the Pres, by my daughter

Dear George Bush:
    Hello. I have some concerns to address with you. I am an 11 year old girl. When I grow up I want to be a teacher. When I tell people this they all laugh and say you better marry a rich man. I did not enjoy to find out that teachers get paid basically nothing. Might I remind you these are the people who teach people who become doctors, veterinarians, lawyers, and even our own presidents. With out teachers no one would know anything. We would all be, frankly idiots. Now that you know that, I’ve got something else for you. This is also about teachers. I’ve recently found out that the school boards got a budget cut! Now I have no more field trips. I happen to love field trips, just so you know. I had a conversation with my teacher the other day, her pencil sharpener had broken and she said that she didn’t have enough money to get another. Later that day I realized that the school board bought those things. I am now incredibly mad. But this next part really ticked me off. I find out that while the school board can’t afford a pencil sharpener. You and your congress are peeing on $1000 toilet seats!!! Oh there’s more! You use a new $100 pen on every document you sign. While you can get a 10 pack of pens at Wal-Mart for a $1 and you can use one pen at least a whole year!!!! Oh I have one more story for you. My dad was a painter for the government once and he was painting a room and the people there said, “Slow down, slow down. We’re getting paid by the hour here.” Of course my dad couldn’t do it, he couldn’t paint half a wall then take a three hour coffee break. Shame shame. Now I am furious. So I plead of you to stop spoiling your congressmen and pay our country’s school board more so they can teach the future doctors, veterinarians, lawyers, and even our own presidents. And I do believe that the congress and you are very important to the country but sorry, personally I think the teachers are much more important to this country’s future so maybe you could spoil the teachers with golden toilet pipes and $1000 toilet seats huh. And don’t forget the children they are also very important to this country’s future so give us our field trips give us our pencil sharpeners! Thank you for reading.

Speaking for teachers everywhere,

her name here
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

agentcarver
    HEAR HEAR!

agentcarver
    Uh-oh...

JR.
    Replying to Thread JR don't read.. A
    letter to the Pres, by my daughter

(From the "Who's online" panel)

CALI! RUN!

JR.
    Hey, how can I not read it, especially after being told not to.
    And I wouldn't technically consider this to be you gushing, so you're safe....for now. But, I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Quite impressive for an 11 year old, seeing as how most don't put that much thought into anything. It's probably better than a lot of people twice her age (some of my friends included).

She was PISSED OFF when her teacher said they couldn't afford a pencil sharpener. A girl on a mission....straight to the top for this chick eh?
    It is true though. The principal at the elementary school told the teachers to "try not to get sick" as the substitute pay comes out of school money. I thought, CRAP, there goes my cush job!

agentcarver
    I thought,
    CRAP, there goes my cush job!
    HA! Well, I'm living with an Auditor over my head... They have 3 good reasons to fire me right now:

- I've only been teaching for 2 years (My second year)
    - I teach Music
    - The parent's council doesn't like me

(The third one is weird because all the kids seem to like me... I actually had a kid ask me if he could transfer from Mr. X (I can't reveal his name online)'s band class to one of mine because he heard I was a good teacher)

Wow Cali, I'm very impressed! She seems like a very mature and intelligent 11 year old. Good job!

Excellent job, Cali's Daughter! When I wrote President Clinton, I wasn't half as well-spoken. It takes a while, but I'll bet you get a response from him. Mine took about 6 months or so. But, I'm considerably older than 11, and I bet he takes special interest in yours!

Wasn't his wife a teacher? I started thinking about it after she showed me her letter.
    I hope she does get a response, and I hope it isn't a form letter!

My response didn't seem form-lettery at all. I wrote him specifically regarding Welfare, and I got a letter from BC which was geared toward his position and actions on welfare reform.

I thought it was neat. I'm sure your daughter will be on Cloud 9 when she gets a response.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast