+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Long Weekend!

I'm working all weekend but have monday and tuesday off. I plan on at least one trip to the beach during those two days and I'm dog sitting for my friend and his new bride while they are on their honeymoon.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

According to the Company Song Book and Procedures Manual, I'm supposed to get a three-day weekend, but that doesn't mean much in a small company. If there is work to be done, it gets done, without regard for the calendar (I'm not bitching or whining, just stating facts ) The saving grace is that ABC is covering the Ohio State as one of the regional games on Saturday, and if the local affiliate picks it up (no certain bet, but there isn't a Big 12 game being carried) then I WILL take off Saturday afternoon. After twenty years, my business partner knows when she's beat.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I work the weekend, but Monday begins 16 days off for me, and I can't wait. Marleybone, if I miss ya Monday, Happy Birthday. Sounds like a good excuse to do no work and eat too much to me!
    Thanks queenb. Monday also begins 10 days off for me, I am leaving next Wednesday for a long weekend in Colorado, so for me!

MRD
    As we now live where it gets cold and we have a fireplace, we are actually chopping firewood this weekend. I can't believe I'm excited about it and I realize that probably after 10 min. I will be over it. But its actually kind of exciting!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm jealous Rosie...My daughter and I will be on planes starting tonight to wend our way home. No water or chapstick...gonna be hard to spend over 11 hours without my chapstick...lol. I would much rather be curled up in front of a nice fire. I hope your fireplace works well. The first house we had in Peru had a beautiful fireplace, but I almost smoked us out. Turns out when they built the second floor of the house, they bricked over the chimney.

Canuckinchile-That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How stupid do you have to be to not notice you've bricked over your fireplace?

Tomorrow is my birthday and my sons is on Monday. But I want to go to a geocaching event on Monday so we've traded birthdays. He's going to the Nickelback concert with his dad tonight and tomorrow we'll celebrate his B'day with my inlaws.
    But Sunday and Monday are mine! I want to go camping and then on Monday go to the geocaching event.

Happy Birthday Marleybone!

Premium Member
    Hey, Happy Birthday to you and your son. It's fun telling people that my birthday is a holiday.

We're having a potluck at work on Sunday to celebrate Labor Day, so I'm browsing through my cookbook looking for some decadent dessert to make.

FORT Fogey
    So Marleybone, your birthday is this coming MONDAY?? If I don't make it to the thread let me wish you a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" now, ahead of time!

queenb, you have sixteen days off ahead of you?? HOLY CRAP, that's a lot of time off. I sure do hope you find something fun to do for that stretch!!!

Me? I've been "off" 'cause I've been sick, so I'll just keep hanging out with THE POMERANIANS and I'll take my prescription drugs, watch DVDs, and maybe run out and pick up a new television 'cause I'm having company next week and want a better set in the house by then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12