+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World Vacation

Re: Walt Disney World Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3484976;
    I"m from Florida and I do NOT go to Disney between May and Oct. at ALL. Too hot, too humid, too crowded and it does rain every day and not just in August. But the afternoon rains usually don't last long and can be waited out in some of the shows and attractions and it usually does run people back to the hotels, so it gets a little less crowded.
    I have been in the summer, but Never, ever, ever again.
    So, would you think that end of October, early Nov would be a bad orood time to go? Now you have me all worried...

Hey, I'm going end of June-beginning of July. And July 4th is supposedly the busiest day of the year. UGH! But it was the only time I could get a hotel room big enough for my family. So... you just have to remember that it is going to be horrendously crowded, take your time and just enjoy it. (At least that's what I'm telling myself).
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

We always went in the summer months and yes it was crowded, hot and humid. We would go as soon as the park would open, try to leave midday, rest, swim in the pool, shop or go site seeing and go back in the evenings. If you stay during midday there are plenty of indoor shows to help you cool off. Just make sure you all drink plenty of water. We were always so excited to get to go on a vacation we didn't let the heat or crowds get in the way of a goodtime. So go and enjoy your vacation.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3485561;
    So, would you think that end of October, early Nov would be a bad orood time to go? Now you have me all worried...
    No, that's probably the BEST time to go. Less families as school is in session, the winter tourists haven't arrived, the weather is slightly cooler and usually thunderstorm season is over with.

I said I don't go from May to Oct. because of the heat, humidity, rain and crowds. I also hate to go from Christmas through Easter as that is the HEIGHT of tourist season and spring break. So Oct. and Nov are probably the best times.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3483078;
    Revive!

We're going to Disney World at the end of June and I have a few specific questions for you veterans that I don't see answered in the monster guide book I bought.

#1 - Are you allowed to walk around the parks with alcoholic beverages in hand?

#3 - Did any of your younger kids (toddlers) enjoy the world showcase at Epcot or should I plan on breezing through that because it's boring for kids?
    I DO remember buying and consuming beer while walking around at EPCOT... It was in the evening though, I don't remember the exact rules... You were able to buy it outside as I remember, two per customer...

Kids will need to be a little older to enjoy Epcot... I think it's great for parents... I LOVED it... The food was good, the attractions were interesting.. We picked that day to hit the park after lunch and stay until closing, to see the fireworks... Also not toddler friendly... With a stroller, you can probably see what you'll enjoy seeing as adults, but it won't be their favorite day...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

MRD

Friend of mine in GA just got back from Disney on Sun. and they used the free meal plan promotion and she said it saved them enough money to do some of the "extras" they've always wanted to do at Disney but could never afford. I don't know when she booked or anything, but the plan isn't just for August and Sept. apparantly as she used it in June.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My son and wife have season passes so they go all the time. They say there's always something new to see. I went two years ago in July and had a ball. It did rain both days that we went, but the rain was warm, it didn't last long, and we did see a lot of the inside shows. The evening fireworks was awe-inspiring! The food was great! I don't know that I would go again, but it was fun. I enjoy the music shows at Cedar Point a lot more, but that's me.

I've been in April, May, June, July, and September. I thought April was a bit chilly. June and July are obviously really hot, but if you go back to the hotel or see a show during the hottest part of the day, then it isn't bad at all the rest of the time. The worst for heat was probably the trip I took at the end of June one year. September was the best with the heat, but there were a lot more thunderstorms. During all the trips I've been (about 7 or 8 at least, I think), the rain wasn't really a factor, though. Like famita, we noticed that rain always seems to pass by quickly in Orlando and sometimes even dries up before getting out of a ride.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3483433;
    My boyfriend and I were also going to try and catch a launch over at Cape Canaveral
    I would recomend that! I went 11 years ago when we went to WDW & it was a highlight of the trip for me. We weren't able to go at launch time, but the tour was great anyway!

For you WDW veterans, how is it in Feb? That's when we went last time & there was a tornado, but other than that, I remember it being pretty good.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

We usually go the 1st or 2nd week of March (Bike week)

This year I went on my birthday and got in free.
    It was pretty nice - we went on Tuesday and Monday was very rainy - which means it was more crowded than usual, picking up the day before group.

but weather was very nice - not too sweltering.

*we watched a launch from the balcony of our time share in Orlando. Cool!
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast