+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World Vacation

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm leaving in 2 days!! If anyone wants me to check anything out for them, just let me know. I'm beyond excited

Have a great time Marybeth. I expect to see lots of pictures in the Vacations thread!!!

Have a great trip MB! The weather here has been fantastic all week and hopefully will hold out for you as well.

Mary Beth -

I hope you have a truly magical trip!!!!! I am so sorry I have not been in touch. I actually wrote a long post that accidentally got deleted before I could send it!! I got so angry I turned the computer off. Since then, between work and Christmas, I just haven't had any time to post.

I'm sure your daughter was thrilled when she found out you were going. Did Mickey surprise her on Christmas morning?

I am dying to hear all about your trip when you get back. I am sorry to hear that Splash Mountain and Rock and Roll Rollercoaster will be closed for you. We will be missing out on Kali River Rapids, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! Actually, if you could, try to find out what type of refurbishment they are doing on the Pooh ride. It is slated to be closed until the 10th of Feb. My wish is that they will finish quicker than expected and reopen earlier than planned, before we return home the night of the 8th. My DD3 Loooooooves the 100 acre wood. To make up for the ride being closed, I booked YET ANOTHER character meal, The Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends. I know you are doing that one, as well as several others we will be hitting (Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree and the Princess Storybook Breakfast).

Once again, I hope you have a magical time, and I will be spreading some pixie dust your way. May your dreams come true!!!

Best,
    Janine

PS Did you buy that lanyard? I bought a Tinkerbell one!!! I don't collect pins, but it will come in handy for the fast passes!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I just booked a trip for May. I can't wait. Please pass on any tips for Disney with a 4 year old princess
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Two words...FAST PASS!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2242576;
    Two words...FAST PASS!
    Thanks! I hope the parks aren't too busy when we go.

ditto lopevian.

and make your ADR's - with the disney dining plan, most restaurants are CROWDED!! (I went in January at a very slow time and the table service restaurants were full)

GET THERE WHEN THE PARK OPENS. And not 8:59. Get there at 8:40. It maximizes your day!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2242930;
    ditto lopevian.

and make your ADR's - with the disney dining plan, most restaurants are CROWDED!! (I went in January at a very slow time and the table service restaurants were full)

GET THERE WHEN THE PARK OPENS. And not 8:59. Get there at 8:40. It maximizes your day!
    We have a breakfast res with the princesses at Epcot and a Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park planned.

How was your trip?

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2243662;
    We have a breakfast res with the princesses at Epcot and a Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park planned.

How was your trip?

It was awesome. We had the Princess Breakfast in Epcot - it was really good (OMG the best potatoes. LOL). Enjoyable and we saw Belle, Jasmine, Aurora (sleeping beauty), Mary Poppins and Snow White.

I would absolutely recommend Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK for lunch - it's a sit-down lunch, but not a character (they do have a character dinner). The food was REALLY good - I had this chicken over salad with apples and nuts and it was so good.

I had such a great time - we saw and did everything I wanted!! Next time, I think I'd rent points from someone who owns into the Disney Vacation Club just to have more space. 4 people in basically a motel room (we stayed at Pop Century - a value resort on Disney Property) was a bit overcrowded and hard to deal with. But, we were so tired at night, we went right to sleep anyway.

Don't miss Spectromagic or Wishes fireworks, both so awesome.

They are doing the Year of a Million Dreams and we got 2 dreams! One time we were asked to be in the Family Fun Day parade down main street (which was SO fun!) and the most exciting thing was we got to "open" Chef Mickey's. We went there for dinner and it opens at 5:00 so we were asked to be Family of the Day. My 8 year old daughter got to drop the rope and Mickey and she walked down the red carpet. She got a special picture and it was SO magical.

I could go on and on....if you have any particular questions, please feel free to PM me!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast