+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2104519;
    i used to work at wdw. Jflo you sound like you know what your doing. Most families don't. As long as your organized and plan everything in advance you'll have so much fun.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Greenie! I think everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts right now, but I think they will thank me when we get there! May I ask what your position was at WDW?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2130006;

We leave in 88 days. I swear, it's all I can think about!
    JFlo - I'm utterly addicted at this point. Every day I'm coming up with some other thing I need to look into.

Have you seen http://www.tourguidemike.com ? It's AWESOME information and I could literally spend hours on that site. It's deadly It's worth the $20

The hardest part is we're not telling our (almost) 8 year old until Christmas and we leave on January 6th! She's going to FLIP!!!

I made all of my reservations - we're doing the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway (Epcot), Hollywood & Vine dinner package for Fantasmic, Chef Mickeys for dinner, Crystal Palace for lunch, Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and the Plaza Restaurant for dinner. That leaves 1 TS open. Not really planning our counter services. Because we have a baby too, we're not going to be doing too much in Epcot and especially in the World Showcase - more Magic Kingdom for us. However, I want to go to MGM to see the Playhouse Disney show.

Unfortunately when we're there, Splash Mountain will be closed and the Rock N Roller Coaster in MGM is also rumored to be closed at that time

I can't wait though - I swear, I've become obsessed. Now I'm tryiing to figure out if I should buy a lanyard to hold my fastpasses. I need help

I'll give you a full report, especially on the DDP when I return. I'll PM you so I don't clog the site!

MB

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Let me just quickly jump in here and throw in my vote for a lanyard for your FastPass ...with kids and everything else you'll be keeping up with-that's one less thing you have to hunt for because it'll be around your neck!!!

Have a super duper Mickey Mouse time!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Okay I am jealous. I haven't been to Disney in like 4 years but I have been there at least 6 times or so. I love it every time, I think you and your family will too! I think I will take some time out to post some suggestions here soon.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2130007;
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Greenie! I think everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts right now, but I think they will thank me when we get there! May I ask what your position was at WDW?
    Jflo i worked at MK, at the emporanium on main street. i also did counter service at pecos bill's in frontierland.

Wanted to share this cute thing. If you book a WDW vacation, you can have Mickey call you on christmas

https://www.pushacall.com/mickey/index.cfm

My husband and I went to Disney on our Honeymoon 6 years ago. It was his first time on a plane and his first time to Disney. We had so much fun. We stayed at the All Star Music Resort and did something different every day we were there. Even a character breakfast with Tigger (my favorite Pooh character) and Eeyore. And dinner with Chip and Dale at the Rainforest Cafe. We can't wait to go back when we have kids. Of course we will wait until they're old enough to enjoy it. I can't believe how many parents brought their little babies. Like they're going to remember any of it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Back from my little short trip there. I was exhausted each day.

Love the Fast Pass idea, it comes in handy and helps you move through the line.

The best ride is Soaring at Epcot. I also enjoyed The Kali River Pass at Animal Kingdom. My youngest loved the Test Track at Epcot.

The magic hours at night are great, the park does empty out. We went on the Kali River Pass without getting off 3 times on the magic hours.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nancy - where did you stay?? Did you do Expedition Everest at AK? I can't wait to do Soarin'! I leave in 4 weeks! ack!

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort, in the Barbados part. It was nice, busy but I loved the stroll to the dining area and our nice little pool by our room.

We didn't do Everest, I don't do big roller coasters and the kids chickened out.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast