+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World Vacation

I want to go there some day. My family, and everybody I know, laughs when i say when I eventually get married, that I want to go there for my honeymoon. As my best friend once said to me, I am "slave to the Mouse".

And I've been to DisneyLand twice that I remember. The last time i went was 5 years ago for my graduation/birthday present from my parents. I triped over Mickey Mouse, fell down, and knocked off his velcro shoe. I also got pulled into the A Capella group that sings around the New Orleans Square.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27 View Post
    I cannot believe I just typed out one of my famous XXL-posts all about my WDW tips/stories/etc. Only to lose it to the evil trackpad on my laptop!!! Aargh!

Oh, I hate when that happens! Thank you so much though for your advice! Oh, we are so doing Dumbo! (That doesn't sound too good out of context!) My DD looooooves that movie. The beauty of riding those flying elephants is just looking out at the Castle and Fantasyland as you glide around. You really feel as if you are in a dream world!

I am very excited to see Philharmagic! The last time I was there (1991) I think Wacko Jacko's movie was still the main 3-D attraction. I also can't wait to see the Spectromagic parade. I have seen video of it online and I started to get teary eyed as I sat with my daughter and she squealed in excitement as she saw all of her favorite characters. Any suggestions as to where we should take in the Magic Kingdom parades?

My DD's new favorite Disney movie is "Peter Pan". She calls herself Tinkerbell, I am Wendy, and my DH is Peter. She is going to flip out when we take her on Peter Pan's Flight. I only wish that Tinkerbell made appearances, which she does not. I have submitted this wish to the "Year of a Million Dreams" website. That is WDW's new promotion for 2007. They will be granting dream wishes, ranging from a free ice cream to a night in Cinderella's suite at the top of the Castle (I think over a couple hundred wishes a day.)

I'm driving my DH crazy, because this trip is all I talk about. I just can't wait, and we still have 125 before we get there!!!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

i used to work at wdw. Jflo you sound like you know what your doing. Most families don't. As long as your organized and plan everything in advance you'll have so much fun.

I went to Disney last summer and unlike some I liked Epcot.I loved the Mission:Space and Soarin' rides (soarin' was great!!) Mission:Space made me a bit queasy lol. I think the moms handle that ride worse than the kids do.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;2104588;
    I went to Disney last summer and unlike some I liked Epcot.I loved the Mission:Space and Soarin' rides (soarin' was great!!) Mission:Space made me a bit queasy lol. I think the moms handle that ride worse than the kids do.
    I am a ride junkie. I love rides and the faster the better. Upside down? GREAT!
    If its a ride, I am on it. Especially love roller coasters, etc.

Mission Space is the only ride I've ever been on that made me queasy. I still loved it, but I have never gotten motion sick in my life until that ride.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

the Dumbo ride killed me.
    19 hours driving down, and the first thing the little girl (at the time) wanted to ride was Dumbo.
    I spent the rest of the day near the bathroom (if not in it)

I can't ride in circles any more.

Well...I'm going to Disney World Nov 29-Dec 3. We are staying at the Cribberin Beach Resort. It was a long talked about, quickly arranged trip that my ex wanted to do and ask me to come along as he didn't feel up to doing Disney on his own with the kids.

It will be fine, my ex and I get along ok. Plus we'll be busy with the kids, at 12 and 14 this is their first time and I know they are going to be off in different directions.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2106701;
    Well...I'm going to Disney World Nov 29-Dec 3. We are staying at the Cribberin Beach Resort. It was a long talked about, quickly arranged trip that my ex wanted to do and ask me to come along as he didn't feel up to doing Disney on his own with the kids.

It will be fine, my ex and I get along ok. Plus we'll be busy with the kids, at 12 and 14 this is their first time and I know they are going to be off in different directions.

have fun. At that age, they will want to do MGM and the Rock and Roll a Coaster and Tower of Terror. We let my daughter and a friend roam the parks by themselves at that age. They knew not to leave the park, they had a cell, we had a cell, and they knew not to talk to strangers. They had more fun and we had more fun to be honest. We had prearranged meet up times and places for meals and check in.

Eat at the 50's Prime Time Cafe if you get the chance at MGM. Don't finish your veggies and see what happens. At least ASK for the dessert menu, you'll love how its presented.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Has anyone done the Disney Dining Plan? I heard good things and just changed my hotel-only reservation to a package with the DDP.

I leave in 67 days. Think I'm excited? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2123128;
    Has anyone done the Disney Dining Plan? I heard good things and just changed my hotel-only reservation to a package with the DDP.

I leave in 67 days. Think I'm excited? LOL
    My family will be doing the DDP in February. I'm as curious as you are about it. Have you made your dining reservations? Although January is the lowest attendance time, you can only be sure that you will be getting your money's worth on the dining plan if you book in advance. Allearsnet.com has a whole page and thread about the dining. Here is the link, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm#myw

We leave in 88 days. I swear, it's all I can think about!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast