+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Only now do I realize that your "gift" was actually a diabolical attempt to kill me.
    And it would have worked if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

I collect police cars , that is my main collection.
    I've got about a hundred of them. Since we moved I haven't gotten any shelving or display cages to display them in yet, so unfortunately they're in the closet at the moment My poor cars, except for two who are sitting on my desk here.

I love my police cars, always out there looking for original cool-looking ones
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

i've just got to say a big "thank you!" to raindance for helping me with my postcard collection! you're the greatest!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

hey, you're welcome, b_p. just hope you liked the post cards. esp. the god one, it's cool eh?
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

jin
    I collect decorative candles, fridge magnets, seashells, and anything remotely related to Elvis Presley.
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

I collect pens. They dont even have to be anything special, I have a bunch of Papermate blue ballpoint pens, and I have to buy those crazy pens at Staples.

I like to collect several things- I collect Tintin stuff, like comic books in either English or French, his movies, stamps with Tintin on it (France, Belgium and Holland), etc... This collection is not really that big, but I just started like 2 or 3 years ago and it just gradually grew slowly. Kuifje, which my screenname comes from, is the Dutch name for Tintin, which I found out when a friend of mine gave me a Dutch comic book for Tintin from his journey in Holland. 8O) My atavar is a poster of Tintin and his dog, Snowy, done by Roy Litchenstein. Anyone familiar with Tintin?

I also collect other things like "stolen" souvenirs (train destination signs, beer decks with logos, etc... from my travels. I keep them in my box full of souvenirs, and when I have this desire to travel, I go through it and it brings back many memories.

metwin1
    Springkeys, you collect foolscape paper from schools? Do you have any from RGS? I mean the older series. They used to be printed in a single colour, either black, purple or green. Then they changed it to the one that RGS currently uses now.

I can also give you foolscape pads from my schools. I still have an unused ream somewhere, and I can't use them anymore now that I've graduated.

send me a pm?

FORT Fogey
    foreign coins, foreign postcards, and pencils

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Classics Illustrated comic books, blue glass, old tins, state quarters, books and dust
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread