+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Paulie, you'll note that at least half the elephants I gave you are trunk-down. Sorry, man.

Only now do I realize that your "gift" was actually a diabolical attempt to kill me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

When he gave them to you, did he say "point them toward the doors and windows, dude."

I collect teapots - antique, modern, miniature, you name it.

Yes, we have foolscape in the US, we just don't call it that here.

Interesting point about the elephant trunks!
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

How do you display your teapots? Or do you actually use all of them in some sort of rotation?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My mom collects teapots and little dolls. She uses the teapots from time to time and lets the kids play with the smaller sets. She gets the larger teapots out when the curch has a mother-daughter tea around Mother's Day.

I have a tiny collection of angels. I also collect wooden boxes...some with music boxes and some without. Then there is my unusual jar collection. I have a few cylindrical shaped jars made out of different materials. I have stone, and wood and ceramic. I now have a pretty good collection of children's movies on DVD.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I collect blue glass Ball or Mason jars. The oldest ones I have, I found at rummage sales for really cheap. I love finding antiques at rummage sales!
    I also have a small collection of Fireking grease jars. I have four of them. And Firestone teacup and saucers, which I think came as a gift in oatmeal back in the 50's. I may be wrong about that. If anyone knows about this, please let me know.

Comic books.

I've slowed down a little bit, but I've got loads of comic books. I once added up how much my brother and I have spent on comic books. If we had saved up that money rather than blow it on comics, we could have bought a pretty nice foreign sedan.

I have to store all my comic books in a mini-storage space back in California.

You get the idea.

Because I work in computers, get all geeky about DVD movies, and love comic books, I'm pigeon-holing myself as the Stereotypical Geek (TM).

Actually, if you met me in real life, I'd seem like a normal dude and not a (reedy voice) "Greetings from Starfleet, Earthling!" type of geek. That, and I'm a silver-tongued ladykiller. (Kidding.)

phat32*

(*If there were some way to harness all the useless trivia I've accumulated about comic books and comic book characters, I could retire to my own Caribbean island.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Originally posted by phat32

(*If there were some way to harness all the useless trivia I've accumulated about comic books and comic book characters, I could retire to my own Caribbean island.)

Phat, I've seen books about useless, obscure boyband trivia. if that sells, anything goes. no offense or anything
    ďIn Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders donít vant to be general.Ē Sasha Pivovarova

Phat, why don't you write the book about comic book trivia. There are a lot of trivia nuts out there that would buy it. On a radio station here in town we have a guy that does a trivia show on sunday nights and he has written three books... not bad for a high school history teacher.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread