+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

I collect shot glasses. I wish I could say from they're from places that I've been but their actually souveniors I get from family and friends. It would have figured though that when I finally took a trip to Jamaica that I didn't get myself one. I'm planning on going next year though so I'm for sure going to get myself one then.

I guess i can say that i collect candles...they're all over my apartment.

I collect little elephant figurines. I used to collect football and baseball cards, but the proliferation of cards made collecting them too expensive and impractical.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I feel so out of it...I don't really collect anything...though there is a suspiciously large ball of dryer lint that one might say I am "collecting". My husband refers to the huge stash of clean baby food jars that I save as "my collection". But those things just come in so dang handy...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I collect little elephant figurines. I used to collect football and baseball cards, but the proliferation of cards made collecting them too expensive and impractical.
    When I was a kid I collected elephant figurines from various countries I visited. I stopped and the collection just sat in a box in the basement gathering dust. Now the good ones are in Paulie's collection.

And I stopped collecting football and baseball cards when Paulie and I stopped carpooling - our route home was past a card shop and we rarley made it without a stop.

Now I have a small, rare and valuable collection of FORT friends.

Ok, I coalect Beyblades, they are ittle tops that battle eachother.
    Peace

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by ULFMaNN
    Ok, I coalect Beyblades, they are ittle tops that battle eachother.
    Never heard of them. But I read that George Hamilton's gig on The Family took him out of the running for "Zorro, the Beyblade."

Okay, that was a stretch. They can't all be gems, people.

Wayner!

I store my childhood doll and button collections at my parents house. I haven't looked at that stuff in years, I hope it isn't getting all moldy in their basement. I guess I should check on it.

Right now I only collect movies. I used to collect artistic fish things and I still have a lot, but I've pretty much given it up.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Princess
    I, like StevieM, collect rocks from places I've been to (and I too can't always remember where I got some of them, lol). I also collect rocks (or rather minerals and gems) actively by buying them.
    I collect stamps, but not very actively - I just keep the ones I get, and every 5th year or so I go through the loose ones and put them in albums.

+ Reply to Thread