+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    My husband collects electronics, too mrdobolina. I don't give him a hard time about it because he doesn't do much else in the way of collecting other than some Star Wars stuff. As I've annexed that collection into my own, I figure he can have his electronics.

No Odyssey, I'm afraid. Bitterly disappointed about that too because I once found a box for one, but it had a broken up Atari inside of it. I do have the Sears Super Video Arcade, though. It's a bit on the lame side.
    I went onto Ebay and did a search on the terms Odyssey Video Game System and it came up with about 6 different items for sale. Don't know if these are the ones y'all are talking about, but if so, you might want to check them out! (Yes, I really do have other things I need to be doing right now . . .but as one who loved the old systems, this really peaked my interest!)
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina

Isn't the Sears Super Video Arcade the exact same thing as Atari?? As I recall, sears made(or maybe atari made it, and licensed it to sears) an identical unit that played all of the atari games?
    Yep, it plays all of the Atari games and was made by Atari. It just has the Sears logos and such. That's why I said its a bit lame.

Thanks chrelsey! Ebay is actually where I do get a lot of my Atari and Coleco cartridges.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm with dagwood - money - lots and lots of money.

I suppose I collect maps and old atlases but I'm not sure what else. All 300+ episodes of The Simpsons?
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I collect lots of different things: dolls, old children's books, old movies from the 20's, 30's & 40's, books about movie stars from that era, old pictures from the 20's by R Atkinson Fox & L Goddard. Good thing I live in a house built in the 1920's so these things fit right in

Oh, I also collect memorabilia from Kings Island, an Amusement park my family went to all the time when i was little (actually we still go there). I like to find plates, etc from when they first opened.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    Hey - where's the partridge family stuff?

Isn't that a Partridge for your avatar?
    Hell no, girl! It's Bobby Sherman!

But you're forgiven. He was way before your time. I have all his albums, his biography, and some old 16 Magazines that he was in. I also have a few Partridge Family albums, and a couple books.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots

But you're forgiven. He was way before your time. I have all his albums, his biography, and some old 16 Magazines that he was in. I also have a few Partridge Family albums, and a couple books.
    Wasn't he also in Tiger Beat and Teen magazines? I remember my sister used to get those magazines, she loved Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits.
    BTW I love your avatar; I thought Bobby Sherman was dreamy when I was little

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar

Wow Q - thanks for correcting me! One of my co-workers has said before that Bobby Sherman was her man when she was young...at least now I know what he looks like.

My teen idol was Marky Mark
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Gasp! How could someone not know Bobby Sherman from David Cassidy? (are we the only ones from the 70s here? ) Even tho Bobby Sherman was a biggie for me, David Cassidy really set my heart on fire. I do have everything Partridge. Well, David anyway. At one time, I had 200 pictures of him in my bedroom - all over the walls, ceilling, everything. I was 12. Since then I've replaced them with KR pix, of course. And everyone knows I collect all things KR.

eta: I even took the "sold out" and "mosh at your own risk" signs from KR's show here. hee hee

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Gasp! How could someone not know Bobby Sherman from David Cassidy? (are we the only ones from the 70s here? ) Even tho Bobby Sherman was a biggie for me, David Cassidy really set my heart on fire. I do have everything Partridge. Well, David anyway. At one time, I had 200 pictures of him in my bedroom - all over the walls, ceilling, everything. I was 12. Since then I've replaced them with KR pix, of course. And everyone knows I collect all things KR.

eta: I even took the "sold out" and "mosh at your own risk" signs from KR's show here. hee hee
    OK I'm gonna do it.....Who is KR?

All I can think of is Keith Richards....but that doesn't fit with your edit...

I also covered every square inch of my bedroom with posters and pictures of Marky Mark and NKOTB when I was 12. My poor mom is just soooooo neat and tidy and I can imagine how she felt about those posters after she lovingly decorated my room with ruffles and pink roses...but she never said a word.

Thanks Mom
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread