+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

I'm a movie (used to be VHS and Laserdisc, now DVDs) and music collector (Vinyl and CDs).
    Oh, Stargazer - I have an Atari 2600...with the original box AND manuals.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Way in the past I used to collect stamps. I had quite a lot, and I recently found some of them. Probably the rest are somewhere around my old desk at my parents house but I doubt I'll ever find them. I especially collected themes like space, butterflies, and architecture. Maybe I should start collecting them again, it was quite the relaxing hobby.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weston
    I have an Atari 2600...with the original box AND manuals.
    oooooohhhhhh lucky thing!

I guess you could say I collect DVD's too. They are sooooo addictive! I have about 60 or so. When I first got my DVD player I was buying 3 or 4 DVD's a week! My last purchase was 'Gone with the Wind' - I fell asleep twice trying to watch it and had to keep going back to the previous chapter - but I finally got thru it.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I bought my first dvd player in 1997. It was a Panasonic A-500. I own over 800 DVDs right now....I have over 1200 CDs, and probably about 200 records. At my VHS/Laserdisc peak I owned 1400 or so movies. I sold most of my VHS collection off to feed the DVD budget.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Anything dolphin related. Husband is actually getting sick of seeing dolphins. Our whole wedding theme was dolphins. Our bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen is dolphins
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Weston! I'm jealous. I don't have the box for the Atari. I do have all the original manuals for most of my games, though. Except for some of the cartridges I've picked up at flea markets. No manuals with them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Up until last night I had a pretty good collection of couches going. I got rid of two couches and about 7 million dust bunnies! I am so glad to have my living room back! From now in I think I will collect empty space. I am really going to have to make room for that.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

SG- seeing as how you collect game systems....do you have the Odyssey game system?? The one with "Pick Ax Pete" and....dammit I forget the name of their "Pacman" take off. Growing up, we had some of those first gaming systems...pong for sure, then we had a rifle light gun game that you had to put overlays over the tv, and then you shot at the little blips that filled in under the overlay. Then we got the Odyssey. No one else I knew had it...everyone had atari.

I also remember the intellivision "voice actuator" or something like that....it spoke to you.

I collect electronics. That's my thing. I am always buying new gadgets, new computers, dvd players. Soon I will get an HDTV. But thats a hefty price tag when you are used to paying $100 to get your fix.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

My husband collects electronics, too mrdobolina. I don't give him a hard time about it because he doesn't do much else in the way of collecting other than some Star Wars stuff. As I've annexed that collection into my own, I figure he can have his electronics.

No Odyssey, I'm afraid. Bitterly disappointed about that too because I once found a box for one, but it had a broken up Atari inside of it. I do have the Sears Super Video Arcade, though. It's a bit on the lame side.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    No Odyssey, I'm afraid. Bitterly disappointed about that too because I once found a box for one, but it had a broken up Atari inside of it. I do have the Sears Super Video Arcade, though. It's a bit on the lame side.
    If I still had my Odyssey, it would be yours, SG!

Isn't the Sears Super Video Arcade the exact same thing as Atari?? As I recall, sears made(or maybe atari made it, and licensed it to sears) an identical unit that played all of the atari games?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread