+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I collect Barbie dolls and accessories. (don't laugh) Not too many...only the very pretty, limited edition dolls that don't get to be opened. I also recently completed the MOTHER of all dollhouses at Christmas so the furnishings are for fun. I loved playing with Barbie when I was little and now I get to pass some of the stuff down to my little girl.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I collect several things. Teapots, cups and saucers and most of all, Noah's Ark. I have an Ark with animals that fit in a nut shell. I have one that is about eighteen inches long and looks real (or how I think a real Ark would look). I also have a collection of small village buildings. Another of rabbit figurines. I just love to dust?????

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I looooooooooove ebay!

I collect:

1. Vintage Fisher Price Little People stuff - buildings, people, accessories. We're talking 1970's and earlier.

2. Snoopy antiques and collectibles - Mainly ceramics. I have really old Snoopy banks, cups, salt and peppers, cookie jars, etc, from the 50's and 60's. I also have an original animation cell, other limited edition artwork, and several commemorative anniversary plates. And all the magazine covers of the Peanuts or Charles M. Schulz over the years. Snoopy rocks!!

3. Salt and Pepper shakers - I only collect sets where the salt and pepper are different but complimentary figures: Snoopy and Woodstock, VW Bug and Minibus, bowling ball and pin, toaster and pieces of toast, piece of pie and ice cream on top...
    I support the right to arm bears.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Stargazer, do you mean full size actual carousel horses? Cool, if so.
    I support the right to arm bears.

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I collect Barbie dolls and accessories. (don't laugh) Not too many...only the very pretty, limited edition dolls that don't get to be opened. I also recently completed the MOTHER of all dollhouses at Christmas so the furnishings are for fun. I loved playing with Barbie when I was little and now I get to pass some of the stuff down to my little girl.
    ineedalife, I read the other day that every 2 seconds there is a Barbie Doll bought someplace in the world. Pretty phenomenal when you think of it.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    ineedalife, I read the other day that every 2 seconds there is a Barbie Doll bought someplace in the world. Pretty phenomenal when you think of it.
    I would account for at least a few of those seconds.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I collect several things. Teapots, cups and saucers and most of all, Noah's Ark. I have an Ark with animals that fit in a nut shell. I have one that is about eighteen inches long and looks real (or how I think a real Ark would look). I also have a collection of small village buildings. Another of rabbit figurines. I just love to dust?????
    Ohhhhhhhh muduh,a fellow teapot lover!!! How many teapots do you have??!!!!
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    You probably already have lots of ones, eh, Dagwood? I bet you're looking for those harder-to-find BIG denominations! Dig deep, people. Help out.
    The more zeroes the better.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Stargazer, do you mean full size actual carousel horses? Cool, if so.
    If I were rich enough, I would collect those. The real ones are tens of thousands of dollars apiece. I do have some rather large ones, though. I mostly collect muscial ones, etc.

Paulie, if there is ever a Fort Convention, I promise to bring my Atari
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Our old Atari used to be in my mom's attic...I went up there looking for it not long ago and it was gone. Damn brothers and sisters...

Chompie - you'll be proud to know I have 2 snoopy lunch boxes and I still have a Fisher Price carousel with all the little people - from my youth. You can wind it up and it plays music and goes 'round and round. It has a place of honor on my bookshelf. I used to have the FP A Frame and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it..I swear it was my favorite toy when I was little....I don't know what happened to it, most likely got passed down to my little sister who probably destroyed it. I have thought about buying a replacement...but it's just not the same. *sigh*
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread