+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

Does a womans' phone number count? just wondering.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar

What do you collect?

Pretty much everyone I know collects something specific. Do a lot of you collect or do I just know a lot of collectors? Make sense? I didn't think so.

Anyway, here's what I collect:

Vintage Marilyn Monroe stuff - I have movie posters, photos, ads, magazine covers, a cardboard fan, cards, calendars, etc. I'm not really picky about what it is, as long as it's vintage..

Fraggle Rock Stuff - stop laughing - I have books, dolls, a lunchbox, puzzles, posters, etc. I've had all this stuff since I was little and the show was popular. Of course Red was my favorite Fraggle.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Cool thread, Bama

Carousel Horses

Game Systems. I have most of the ones that have been made. Some of my old are Pong, Atari, the original Nintendo, and Intellivision with the corresponding games.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer, you are totally cool! Can I come play Atari with you?

I used to collect baseball and football cards, but I don't anymore. I have some pretty cool cards from years past, though. I also have a pretty neat collection of sports memorabilia.

The only thing I really collect right now are little elephant figurines. I have a whole curio cabinet full of 'em. I almost don't have to buy anymore for myself. I get one for a gift from somebody in the family about twice a year.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I collect gift cards.

I'm a real cheapskate and when I'm in line to buy something, I ask myself "Do I need this?", "Is it worth what I'm paying?", and "Am I ever going to use this?".

I have about 20 of them saved up. Good thing they don't expire in California.

Other than that, I don't really collect anything.

Lilliput Lane Houses, Tea Cups and pins.

I don't collect fast, and I don't collect much but after a few years they start building up.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Frog stuff. Figurines and stuffed animals...pictures. I love frogs.

Oh, and money...if you have any extra just send it to me. I will see that it gets a great spot in my collection.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

You probably already have lots of ones, eh, Dagwood? I bet you're looking for those harder-to-find BIG denominations! Dig deep, people. Help out.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

on vacation
    I collect teapots. I absolutely love them. Last time I counted, I had over 300, but some are very small too.

When my son was small (born in 1982) I started putting away baseball cards for him. He always wanted to look at them and being the horrible mother I wouldn't let him. Now he has approximately 6 or 7 rubbermaid totes full of cards that have never been opened. We always joke when money is short that we've probably sat on some card that's worth a gold mine.

I also love old homemade quilts. Don't have a lot of them but I have a few of them too.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Oh let me add to my list. My mom started a collection of teenage head planters from the 50's and 60's. I have about 10 of those, I've even bought a few myself, problem is..they can be quite expensive.

Check this one out on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread