+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a true story no one believes?

ClosetNerd, your story reminded me of something. Mr. Rattus and I were driving back from somewhere in the country when we spotted a dead wallaby on the side of the road. "Wha..?" we said to each other, "couldn't be". A couple of minutes later we saw another dead wallaby, which sort of confirmed for us that the first one had indeed been a wallaby. This wouldn't be at all unusual if we lived in Australia, but we live in Canada and what's more, we were nowhere near a zoo. People just gave us the "uh huh" with one raised eyebrow when we told them what we'd seen.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

that is strange! I wonder how the heck they got there? My husband still picks on me about the penguin. Every time he sees a toy penguin, or anything at a store with a penguin pattern on it (like pajamas) he said "well, I'd buy them for you.. but you would probably just run them over"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

At least once a year when I go to Disneyland I run into this girl named "Lisa". "Lisa" and I have known each other since the 5th grade, but were never friends, just knew each other from school. Its really odd, being out of school almost 10 years and walking down main street to hear someone yell my name out and turn around to see her waving at me.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    that is strange! I wonder how the heck they got there? My husband still picks on me about the penguin. Every time he sees a toy penguin, or anything at a store with a penguin pattern on it (like pajamas) he said "well, I'd buy them for you.. but you would probably just run them over"
    And you claim your husband has no sense of humour *other thread*
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by raymonds3 View Post
    While visiting my Mom & her boyfriend (Steve), my 2-yr-old daughter "adopted" a pillow there and started calling it "Velma". We took pillow Velma with us everywhere. When Steve asked "Why Velma?", I really couldn't answer. Then he said that pillow came from his recently deceased Mom's house, and her name was Velma. Weird, huh? The next day, my daughter told me that Steve's dad was named "Cow". We all had a good laugh, until I told Steve. He said his deceased Dad's initials were COW, and that was always kind of a joke with them. I still get goosebumps when I think of that!
    That's really amazing. I love stories like those, although I think I like them better when I hear them second-hand. I'm sure I'd fall apart if I ever had any direct experience with something like that.

to the site, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    And you claim your husband has no sense of humour *other thread*
    well... he has his rare moments
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    That's really amazing. I love stories like those, although I think I like them better when I hear them second-hand. I'm sure I'd fall apart if I ever had any direct experience with something like that.

to the site, by the way!
    I know I like them better second hand. I'm always the first to say,
    "yeah, riiiight, I beleive that", but secretly, I always ask God not to ever let anything like that happen to me. (I also throw in that I don't EVER want to see or hear anything too weird for a logical explanation in my house!)

I'm enjoying all the other stories too, although it's kind of said about the squished penguin....
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I know I like them better second hand. I'm always the first to say,
    "yeah, riiiight, I beleive that", but secretly, I always ask God not to ever let anything like that happen to me. (I also throw in that I don't EVER want to see or hear anything too weird for a logical explanation in my house!)

I am the SAME way. Nothing weird in MY house please. And now we are in a new house so every noise has me jumping. LOL!

However, I am morbidly fascinated with stories like that for some reason, but I don't want first hand experience with it.

However, something similar apparantly happened when I was very young. I don't remember it thank goodness. Both my grandfathers died before I was born and my parents said that they weren't really talked about much in front of me and I was too little to know if I had a grandfather or not, but they came in my room one day and I was talking and they asked me who I was talking to (thinking I had an imaginary friend) and I said I was talking to my grandfather and then apparantly told them some things that were true about my grandfather that I would have had no way of knowing.

My dad was very much interested in the supernatural and I remember telling him, "when you die, do NOT come back as a ghost it will scare the daylights out of me".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    I didn't know whether to post this here or in Koffee Klatch but I found it hard to believe myself.

We bank at Wauchovia. I have found that here, they have a lot of stand alone drive through ATM's. One is in a cemetery across from my daughters school. I kid you not. YOu can actually read tombstones as you wait for your transaction. Now what I want to know is there really that much of a need for an ATM in a cemetery? I mean really? You can't take it with you, or maybe you can.

Or after a funeral do you just say: I'm sorry about your loss, got to run, need to hit hte ATM before we leave.

It's just weird. I'm going to have to take a picture as this is the weirdest thing we've encountered yet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ATMs are necessary at cemeteries because so few people remember to bring tip money for the grave digger.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast