+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a true story no one believes?

giz
    I meant more along the lines of god hides in coincidences. Or something.

My response is my response. I don't see any real meaning in coincidences, except whatever significance a person wants to attribute to them. Coincidently () that's pretty much how I define the meaning of life--there is no REAL meaning, empty though that may make one feel, and if people find it comforting to make up some hidden meaning to the meaningless, I suppose it is generally harmless.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

giz
    It may all mean nothing, I'm just finding as I get older I'm less likely to be sure about anything! I'm just open to the idea that there may be meaning.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Hey Giz, I live in Chicago and used to worry that I'd run into exboyfriends or people I didn't like anymore (not really worry--just wondered what, if anything, I'd say to them, besides, "Wow, you got really fat!" JUST KIDDING!)... In the 10 years since I saw some of these people, I have not run into one of them! And for a while when we were younger, we used to travel in a similar social circuit (same clubs, restaurants, shops downtown etc.). So I think it's pretty amazing that so many people in your circle kept running into that one guy.

Maybe he was a great guy and it was kizmet saying that everyone should get to hang with him for a while?

giz
    Now, Lois, I always thought you were Canadian for some reason! I obviously have not been paying attention. I know what you mean, though. I live in a city of 300,000 and outside of my neighbourhood, I never run into anyone. One of my brothers drove a city bus for years, for example. Do you think I ever saw him when I got on a bus? Hell, no. Never ran into old boyfriends, teachers, landlords, nothing. But England? Andrew? All over the place.

Well on my cruise this past May I hear someone calling my name. I look around and see someone I went to highschool with 20 years ago! Turns out she takes cruises all the time but this was my very first one and to see someone I knew from long ago was odd to say the least. And I only saw her that one brief moment, didn't see her again during the rest of the cruise. We live in the same city but haven't crossed paths in many years and then to see her on a cruise ship miles and miles from home, well like I said, odd!

MRD
    I run into people that I know everywhere and it drives my friends and family crazy. I found out that there is someone here in SC that I went to high school with her mother! I got on a SC moms group earlier in the summer to ask questions about schools and stuff before we moved. They asked where I was moving from, one thing led to another and this girl tells me she was born and raised in the same hometown (around 6000) as I was and then find out I know her mother.

I go to a BBQ at a friends a few weeks later and am relating this tale when 2 people pipe up and say: She's our neice!

After my cruise this summer, I was sitting on a plane in Vancouver, waiting to fly back to florida nad started talking to my seat mates. Turns out they lived about 20 miles from me and their son lived on my street, but at the other end.

I'm always having experiences like that tho. I once saw my cousin in Atlanta's airport. Just happened to be walking when he came walking the other way. We were both coming from other places and changing planes in ATlanta.

Hmm, maybe I've run into Andrew as well and didn't know it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Hmm, maybe I've run into Andrew as well and didn't know it!
    You probably have!!! Great to have you back!

when I was 16 or 17 (not too sure exactly which) I ran over a penguin with my mothers minivan. Oh yeah, I suppose I should point out, I lived in Northern NY. The Adirondak Mountains to be exact. I was on my way to work, and it was a really twisty road through the mountains. I was going much too fast because I was late (and young).. Here comes this *baby?* Penguin waddling out into the road from no where. I couldnt slam on the breaks, because as much as should not have been speeding, some A-Hole behind me was both speeding AND tailgaiting me. So I just tried to straddle it and braced myself. Sure enough I heard a thump under the van
    The next day I went way way slow by there because I could not figure out HTH a danged PENGUIN got out there in the first place! Back in the woods I saw a cabin with a fenced in yard and he had all these random birds and animals. I saw 2 peakcocks and went "ohhh.... I ran over some wierdo-s pet penguin
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

While visiting my Mom & her boyfriend (Steve), my 2-yr-old daughter "adopted" a pillow there and started calling it "Velma". We took pillow Velma with us everywhere. When Steve asked "Why Velma?", I really couldn't answer. Then he said that pillow came from his recently deceased Mom's house, and her name was Velma. Weird, huh? The next day, my daughter told me that Steve's dad was named "Cow". We all had a good laugh, until I told Steve. He said his deceased Dad's initials were COW, and that was always kind of a joke with them. I still get goosebumps when I think of that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast