+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Most annoying commercial characters

Go back to all the commercials they've had over the years and think of the most annoying characters you've ever seen in those ads.
    Here's my list:
    1.The Furniture City kids ("Furniture City Pacakge Pricing!")
    2. The "Zoom-Zoom" kid
    3. The Wood Palace kids
    4. The little cheerleader in the T-Mobile commercial (her voice goes right through me)
    I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    4. The little cheerleader in the T-Mobile commercial (her voice goes right through me)
    I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now
    that's the whole point. I love her! great acting

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    If she talked any higher during the "Whatever"/"Whatever?!" part, only dogs would be able to hear her.

I also hate that anti-drug PSA where the girl is shrunken/smushed like an accordion. It's just creepy and wrong on so many levels.

I hated the Quizno singing rat commercial. I have no idea what the character actually was but it looked like a rat. It lasted for a few months about a year ago and then disappeared (probably 'cause TV viewer hated it).

FORT Fogey
    I also hate that anti-drug PSA where the girl is shrunken/smushed like an accordion. It's just creepy and wrong on so many levels.
    i absolutely forgot that. I cannot stand it. WRONG IN ALL LEVELS

I'm getting a little sick of the Tony Sinclaire commercials. "Ready to Tanguray?" Shut up already. I used to like them but now I just want to smack him. Oh and the guys in the cereal commercial. The one in the office where one guy hates another one and he keeps trying to fire him except the other guy can't hear him because he's too busy chomping on cereal.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm so sick of the Geico gecko. It was cute on the first couple of ads, but needed to retire a long time ago.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

2. The "Zoom-Zoom" kid
    I hear ya on that one! About 3 months into that campaign I can remember saying to friend "Enough with the Zoom Zoom. I hope they don't run [I]that[I] for very long". That was about 5 years ago. Well, at least they got rid of the kid.
    I'm not familiar with the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I hated the Quizno singing rat commercial. I have no idea what the character actually was but it looked like a rat. It lasted for a few months about a year ago and then disappeared (probably 'cause TV viewer hated it).
    They were called spongemonkeys and, yeah, didn't make me want to run right out for a sandwich.

For me, it's the preternaturally beautiful, Stepford-esque children of the Welch's Grape juice commercials. Apparently, there is such a thing as too cute.

But I still like the Geico gecko.

I'm getting a little sick of the animated quilters for the Quilted Northern Commercials. My favorite commercial character is the puppy for cottonelle. I love dogs and he's just so cute, I want to take him home.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post

Oh, that was scary. Like Baby Bob better (who is actually a girl by the way)

I hate the new blonde alltell guy and all the characters from all the other cell phone companies he has in his ads now.

We used to have this really annoying local commercial for a tire store and the owner was about one step away from being a total hick and had the most annoying voice and his catch phrase (which was shouted out)
    TIRES AIN'T PRETTY. which actually sounded like Tures ain't pretty.

Oh and the guys in the cereal commercial. The one in the office where one guy hates another one and he keeps trying to fire him except the other guy can't hear him because he's too busy chomping on cereal.
    Johnson, you're fired!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I'm so sick of the Geico gecko. It was cute on the first couple of ads, but needed to retire a long time ago.
    I used to like the one where a guy and the gecko were in a car driving and they come out of a tunnel and put on their sunglasses while this catchy tune plays and they are bobbing their heads.

I hate the talking gecko "come in sit down, spot of tea? how's your mum?"

And the Geico Cavemen one ceased to be funny after the first 50 times too. "I'll the roast duck with the Mango Salsa." "nothing for me, I don't have much of an appetite" Can you tell I've seen them a few times???
    Last edited by MRD; 08-01-2006 at 09:24 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast