+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2182461;

How about the Celine Dion commercial??? Ugh! A family wakes up to the sounds of someone singing a holiday song (the name escapes me right now). They walk down the hall, down the stairs, and into the living room to find Celine Dion laying under the tree singing this song. Then the announcer says something like, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a little Celine Dion under your tree this holiday season?" or something to that effect. Um, no thanks!
    Gah! I know! If I walked in my living room to find a woman in an evening gown laying under my tree singing, I'd grab the kids and lock myself in the bedroom to call 911, no matter who the hell it was.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2185363;
    I have to go find it to hear him again!! Thanks

My husband swore one of them was Val Kilmer....

I currently cannot stand the BMW commercial with the kids screaming about the present they opened and screaming and screaming. Ugh.
    Did you see on tv that the kids commercial was actually a home video that the parents shot? It was not meant to be a commercial but after BMW saw it on some website, they bought the video. It is about five years old.

I agree that it's irritating as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2182461;
    I hate the Old Navy commercials too.

How about the Celine Dion commercial??? Ugh! A family wakes up to the sounds of someone singing a holiday song (the name escapes me right now). They walk down the hall, down the stairs, and into the living room to find Celine Dion laying under the tree singing this song. Then the announcer says something like, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a little Celine Dion under your tree this holiday season?" or something to that effect. Um, no thanks!
    I don't think so either. Now if it were someone like say Jay Hernandez...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 12-22-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I hate all the Hardees commercials where stuff is dripping, dropping, slurping, etc. Just gross.

Currently I really dislike the Rembrandt commercial where the guy and girl are making out and she bites his lip and they kiss for what seems like forever. I really don't need to see that. I don't mind it for tv shows or movies but for a toothpaste commercial, I think it's a little too intimate for daytime viewing.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Premium Member
    The Geico caveman is wearing a little thin. I also can't stand the couple who put in the wrong dentures.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i'm sick of those "he went to jared" commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2225524;
    The Geico caveman is wearing a little thin. I also can't stand the couple who put in the wrong dentures.
    I am really tired of the caveman & therapist one. I still laugh at the squirrels though. Oh and that wrong dentures commercial -yeck!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2233697;
    i'm sick of those "he went to jared" commercials.
    Count me in on this also, I want to throw something at the TV when I see this one.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2233712;
    Oh and that wrong dentures commercial -yeck!
    They only seem to show that one when we're eating dinner. When my husband's parents were alive, my MIL used to carry my FIL's dentures wrapped in a hankie in her purse. I learned this one day when we were in a restaurant and he told her he needed "something to chew with". She pulled his teeth out of her purse and he stuffed them in his mouth right there at the table. So yeah, I really hate that commercial.

I'm just to the point now that I mute it when commericals come on. The only commerical I recognize you'all talking about is the Geico caveman. My family is about halfway trained to do the same. Just the sound of commericals makes me want to scream.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Geico is really trying way too hard to make the caveman commercials into the success the gecko commercials have been, but it's just not working. The first couple of caveman commercials were cute, in a mild way, but they got real old real fast and are just stupid now. They haven't had a really clever gecko one in a while, either, but they still aren't as dumb as the caveman ones.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread