+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2180251;
    [*]Any of the Burger King commercials with the Burger King-costumed guy. STUPID STUPID STUPID
    That Burger King-costumed guy scares the heck out of me...especially the one where his big ol' gigantor head peeks into the apartment window! EEKKKKKKKKKKk!

The "gelling like Magellan" etc. is totally gross. And you're also right on about the Yoplait commercials (sorry, but no yogurt's as good as a day at a spa...now chocolate cake, that's a different story)!

And is that really Richard Thomas in the caveman commercials? GET OUT! I never would've known it! Good catch!

Open memo to ad agencies:
    1. Do not put kids in commercials as anything other than scenery.
    2. If you put kids in commercials, do not put them in adult roles.
    3. If you put kids in adult roles, do not put adults in subservient roles.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2180370;
    And is that really Richard Thomas in the caveman commercials? GET OUT! I never would've known it! Good catch!
    I wish I could take credit for catching that, but alas... I can't, lol. I did notice how familiar he looked every time I saw that commercial, but then a friend mentioned where she had seen Richard Thomas on some talk/interview show a couple of months ago and he had laughed with the show host about him doing the commercials, and that he enjoyed doing them.

But even though I still find those commercials annoying, when I see it now I can immediately see it's John-Boy, especially around the eyes.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I don't know if this is shown only in Canada, but the Knorr frozen dinner commercials.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2180251;
    [*]Geico cavemen. Did you all recognize Richard Thomas as the caveman who ordered the roast duck? I guess Walton's Mountain hid a lot of old old caves.
    Richard Thomas does Mercedes Benz commercials, but not the caveman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Thomas_(actor)

John Lehr (also known as the host of "I'm a Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here") is the caveman. http://www.johnlehr.com/caveman.html

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2182116;
    Richard Thomas does Mercedes Benz commercials, but not the caveman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Thomas_(actor)

John Lehr (also known as the host of "I'm a Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here") is the caveman. http://www.johnlehr.com/caveman.html
    I think if she's talking about the first commercial, the one where one of them orders roast duck, then it could be Richard Thomas (doing the ordering). The subsequent commericals no longer feature the other caveman and now just feature the grumpy one. The one I love

I am so over the caveman commercials. I'm also getting a little bit bored with the M & M commercials. The first couple were cute but now it's just getting ridiculous.
    A commercial that just started airing that's really dumb is a car commercial (can't think of which one) where the dealers are singing "So long, Farewell" from Sound of Music. Stupid!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

…and anything by Old navy. Hate hate hate those stupid things.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I hate the Old Navy commercials too.

How about the Celine Dion commercial??? Ugh! A family wakes up to the sounds of someone singing a holiday song (the name escapes me right now). They walk down the hall, down the stairs, and into the living room to find Celine Dion laying under the tree singing this song. Then the announcer says something like, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a little Celine Dion under your tree this holiday season?" or something to that effect. Um, no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2182131;
    I think if she's talking about the first commercial, the one where one of them orders roast duck, then it could be Richard Thomas (doing the ordering). The subsequent commericals no longer feature the other caveman and now just feature the grumpy one. The one I love
    I actually said the one ordering the roast duck in my original post, but I was remember that line and him, but he's the one who actually says "I don't have much of an appetite, thank you" to the waiter. But yup, it's the roast duck commercial, according to Thomas himself.

[FA edit]

Now that I just watched that video again, the voice is so recognizable as Richard Thomas, I wish I'd been smart enough to catch that the first time I saw it.
    Last edited by Leo; 12-19-2006 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Youtube
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread