+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Not really an annoying commercial character, per se, but not worthy of a new thread. Has anyone seen the Nutrisystem commercials with Marie Osmond? And if so, who thinks that the giant hair, trowelled-on cosmetics and fuschia/purple attire are attractive? We have a fairly large television, and every time she pops onto the screen I am shocked and horrified anew, as is Mr. Rattus. I am honestly curious if there are people walking this earth who think that that is an attractive look.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I havet seen that one, but it reminded me of the new oneout with Valerie Bertinelli introducing Sarah Rue as someone who is trying to lose weight on the plan she is pushing. In the commercial Sarah kids Val that she is old enough to give motherly advice and Val counters with older sisterly advice---anyhoo, I didnt see a big enough age difference in them for Sarah to say she was old enough to be her mother!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3803716;
    I havet seen that one, but it reminded me of the new oneout with Valerie Bertinelli introducing Sarah Rue as someone who is trying to lose weight on the plan she is pushing. In the commercial Sarah kids Val that she is old enough to give motherly advice and Val counters with older sisterly advice---anyhoo, I didnt see a big enough age difference in them for Sarah to say she was old enough to be her mother!
    Sara Rue is 29, Valerie Bertinelli is 49 - yep, she is old enough to be her mother.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ohhh--I thought Sara was in her mid 30s!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3803671;
    Not really an annoying commercial character, per se, but not worthy of a new thread. Has anyone seen the Nutrisystem commercials with Marie Osmond? And if so, who thinks that the giant hair, trowelled-on cosmetics and fuschia/purple attire are attractive? We have a fairly large television, and every time she pops onto the screen I am shocked and horrified anew, as is Mr. Rattus. I am honestly curious if there are people walking this earth who think that that is an attractive look.
    I've seen them. Apparently NutriSystem products turn you into a drag queen after they make you skinny. I didn't realize who it was the first time I saw those ads. Valerie, on the other hand, looks great. They are almost exactly the same age, btw. Watching those ads side by side would be enough for anyone looking for a weight loss program to run to Jenny Craig.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The new Burger King commercials with the guy dressed as a baby. Eww. And I thought the plastic-headed king was disturbing.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My least favorite are all the Carl's Jr. commercials. The current one features Kim Kardashian in an uncompromising position with a hamburger. In the past, they've featured similar tasteless ones with Paris Hilton and many other celebs. They actually make the Nutrisystem ads with Marie look pretty good.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread