+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Not annoying, specifically, but John Basedow scares me. He is almost not human, but some almost perfect plastic alien depiction of the species. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just a 'not of this world' quality about him.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

There is this pickle ad that looks like a nature documentary, except its a pickle describing how humans are eating other pickles. He talks about how the pickles are crying as they are being eaten and the others in the jar are scared that they will be next! Its so creepy, I dont want to eat pickles after seeing it.

This is less the "character" in the commercial than it is the commercial itself, but I hate hate HATE that stupid new Gap commercial with Audrey Hepburn. I can't remember the last time a commercial pissed me off so much. I don't know why; I generally don't have anything against Audrey Hepburn. This is just awful, though. HATE it.

And from what I've read online, people mostly seem to like it. Blah.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    The Fudgy from the Domino's pizza commercial. Ulgy, brown shag carpet does not make me think of brownies at all.

I also think the Hepburn Gap commerical is in poor taste. It makes her look crazy.

I'm with you on the Hepburn commercial, Amanda. It bugs me to no end.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    This is less the "character" in the commercial than it is the commercial itself, but I hate hate HATE that stupid new Gap commercial with Audrey Hepburn.
    I love Audrey Hepburn but I'm with you on this one. The dance she's doing (from her film) is so out of context with the commercial, and hearing her voice even annoys me in this commercial...everything about it annoys me actually. I used to love a lot of the GAP commercials from about 10 years ago or so--the ones where they had the dancers/models jitterbugging and jiving and doing dances that would be in slo-mo and then stop (I can't describe it well but I remember liking it!).

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    This is less the "character" in the commercial than it is the commercial itself, but I hate hate HATE that stupid new Gap commercial with Audrey Hepburn. I can't remember the last time a commercial pissed me off so much. I don't know why; I generally don't have anything against Audrey Hepburn. This is just awful, though. HATE it.

And from what I've read online, people mostly seem to like it. Blah.
    I thought I was only one (yeah right) that doesn't like this commercial... the 4 of hers just is too much. plus, tight black pants for who? waif? not for "everyday" women... for shame.
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

I don't like the subway commercials with Jon Lovitz.

I don't know if this is a regional commercial (southeast) or if all Comcast cutsomers see it, bit I'm ready for the Slowski's (two talking turtles) to return to the woods.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Anyone else annoyed by those Citi credit card commercials? (I think it's Citi) The ones with the phony German guy, who constantly says "Rewarding! Very, very rewarding!"

Gah! So stupid, and so. not. funny!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread