+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3392813;
    Do you remember years ago when they made a law or whatever and the commercials had to be the same volume as the programs? Evidently that was only for a number of years and is now past that but I've noticed that all commercials are blaring out again. I hate that.
    I do remember that, and yes, I hate the loudness, also. I have some hearing issues, so in order to hear the program, I have the sound on abit on the 'up' side. It's a shock to me (and my neighbors) when those commercials come on.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3393409;
    I do remember that, and yes, I hate the loudness, also. I have some hearing issues, so in order to hear the program, I have the sound on abit on the 'up' side. It's a shock to me (and my neighbors) when those commercials come on.
    Yep, me too. I already have the volume on everyone elses "loud" and then when they crank up the commercials I have the windows rattling. I don't have the tv on a lot but enough to get irritated at that.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3392529;
    This isn't really a character but those darn 21st Century commercials......... they are 10 times louder than anything else on tv. I have to run and hit mute because they are really loud!
    It figures, since 21st Century is owned by AIG . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

If I have to hear the Bertolli chef sing about his &%#@$*& lasagna again, i think I'll throw a rock through the tv. My temper is getting grumpy anyway due to being trapped here, and this gets on my last nerve. Oh yeah, that includes the woman who sings on the same ad. Bertolli frozen meals aren't even very good, which makes it worse. (see further gripes in the food thread!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Did you see where the ShamWow got busted with a hooker? He took her back to his hotel then they gat in a fight.

MARCH 27--Meet Vince Shlomi. He's probably better known to you as the ShamWow Guy, the ubiquitous television pitchman who has been phenomenally successful peddling absorbent towels and food choppers. Shlomi, 44, was arrested last month on a felony battery charge following a violent confrontation with a prostitute in his South Beach hotel room. According to an arrest affidavit, Shlomi met Sasha Harris, 26, at a Miami Beach nightclub on February 7 and subsequently retired with her to his $750 room at the lavish Setai hotel. Shlomi told cops he paid Harris about $1000 in cash after she "propositioned him for straight sex." Shlomi said that when he kissed Harris, she suddenly "bit his tongue and would not let go." Shlomi then punched Harris several times until she released his tongue......
    ShamWow Guy In Slap, Chop Bust - March 27, 2009

Ew! Is that a hospital gown under his fur-collared jacket (did he steal that from the hooker?) or the shirt he was actually wearing? I hope his mouth is all twisted up because she bit his tongue and not always that way. I'd never buy anything from him!
    Count your blessings!

Looks like the hooker put a serious hurting on him.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Freecreditreport.com
    They are annoying; however, they're also very catchy. They're so simple, but I'll bet you can sing some of the jingles. And that's what advertising's all about!

The commercials I hate the most are the "Billy Mays here" ones. I.just.cannot.stand.the.man!

MRD

$750 a night room, a $1000 hooker, a night out in South Beach. Wow, Shamwow must be a..........priceless!

OK some group of locals did a Snuggie bar crawl. I'd have to be drunk to appear in public in that thing.

Farewell to Winter Snuggie Crawl | Last night for a Snuggie | Photo 1/63 | Metromix Greenville
    Last edited by MRD; 03-28-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Those snuggies are so funny, they make everyone look like they belong to a cult.

+ Reply to Thread